• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Xboxmanviper

Xboxmanviper

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 06:03 PM

I have a IBM Deskstar model IC35L120AVV207-0 It was one of the harddrives that was sold from a link on xboxscene.com . it is a 120 gig HD with 7200 RPM, and i had lots of my games backed up on it and lots of music and movies. There is clicking coming from the drive and it wont boot, my question is what made it do that? I want to send my hd to a data recovery place and i dont want to have my hd crash again.

#2 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 September 2003 - 06:48 PM

Hard drives fail. I've had several fail over the years (none in my XBOX though.) You should always back everything up from your hard drives. You should never consider a hard drive to be a reliable storage mechanism.

#3 CountAlucard

CountAlucard

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 11:38 PM

Some people get lazy and dont mount the hard drive, so if it is at an incline (angled) than it could cause the head to go bad,

Alot of manufacture's are now offering a 1 year warranty instead of the normal 3. Kinda makes you think about HD crashs being more common???

#4 Scrawny MuTT

Scrawny MuTT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 11:45 PM

May i ask why you'd pay for data recovery when you obviously own all the games and music you've "backed up" on the hard drive?...just buy a new one and re-install it all...no?

Edited by Scrawny MuTT, 07 September 2003 - 11:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users