Photo

Seriously, Im Getting Really Pissed, Please Help!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 drvannostren

drvannostren

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 02:20 AM

Okay, here's the deal, i just bought a dvd burner to burn DLed xbox isos. It's an LG triple format burner. I have a modded xbox with the tomson drive.

Someone please, give me a definitive answer, i've tried dvd+r and dvd-r and dvd-rw nothing has yet to work. I'm burning them like normal, "burn image" in nero 5.5.

Please, help, i spet 200$ on a burner for a reason. I read on the dvd+rw official website, it said xbox was compatible with +r. Then after i tried, i was told by someone, tomson would read dvd-r, so i tried that. Nothing, i just get the dirty disk error, and fairly quickly i might add (if that makes any difference).

Here's the biggest and most irritating part of the problem, aside from the money for dvds and the xbox, and the dvd burner, I had plenty of success wit cdrw games (but u can only go so far with those, i want full games)....and i bought a burnt dvd game (world series baseball if that matters) off a guy, and it works perfect. Sure i get the disk error, but after a few tries, it works. So, before anyone thinks im a retard (if you don't already) i have tried my burnt ones LOTS. It's not like i tried them once and quit. I took back the dvd+r (i scammed them for my money back, but thats another story), so hopefully i can get this done with dvd-rw or -r.

So please, PLEASE, someone give me like a definitive, yes/no type answer. I need to know what is the absolute best software to use. The method to burn it, and stuff like that. The dvds i bought are like normal price, not the cheap shit, the dvd i bought from that guy is a cheap one though, unbranded, he didn't tell me what format it was though, i didn't know any of that stuff at the time.

So if anyone can help, i would be so friggin grateful. I'll try just about anything. Just please gimme something definitive and please don't tell me to check a tutorial on this site. I've been there, done that, no luck.

Thanks alot

#2 elduderino1234

elduderino1234

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 02:22 AM

you bought a dvd burner to do illegal things? tsk tsk

#3 Dew-It

Dew-It

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 02:42 AM

It's the Thompson drive it sucks. You can try to different things. One is tweaking the pots on the Thompson drive or replacing the drive with Samsung 616B. There are tutorials on how to do both of these. I myself just bought a modified Samsung 616B drive. Do some searching of the forums there are subjects about the Thompson drive and the Samsung 616B as well as turtoils on how to do just about anything to the xbox.

#4 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 September 2003 - 02:45 AM

Buying A Burned Game is illegal.

Thread Closed

Piracy

Note: The Thomson drive read's +R media that is burned properly without a problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users