Photo

Games Not Loading -- What Does Phenoix Do?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Krillin3230

Krillin3230

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 05:33 PM

I have been trying to set up my xbox to play backups off of the harddrive since my little brother is rough on the games. I have gotten my box to evox and programs run fine. It's just when I go to run a game off the Harddrive, or even off the actual disc is always crashes to the black screen saying i need service. I have an original XBOX v.1, 3944 kernel, using Bert and Ernie. I also don't know what the Phenoix Project does. I'm pretty new to this stuff. My friend got his to work but he has a newer xbox.
Just post if you need more info. even if someone could just tell me of a sure fire way to make it work i'll just start over.

#2 afon

afon

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 08:20 PM

If you PM me, i can send you something that will include everything you need. Its as easy as 123 to install.

#3 yodanut

yodanut

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 09:18 PM

From what I understand Phoenix Loader lets an unmodded Xbox load a custom bios so it can run unsigned code. Installing it would probably make it easier for you to run those HD backups.

#4 Krillin3230

Krillin3230

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 09:41 PM

Does it actually replace your BIOS or does it just run a different version perserving your BIOS. Pretty much i don't wanna screw up the xbox after i install pheonix. From what I have read it seems like Pheonix just Could someone clarify this for me? Does it like flash your bios or does it just use something from the Harddrive?

#5 stanneh

stanneh

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 September 2003 - 09:44 PM

when your launch phoenix bios loader it loads executor 2 4977 bios which in turn lookes to load evoxdash.xbe in C SO essentially phoenix bios loader is a bios loader.

#6 Krillin3230

Krillin3230

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 09:47 PM

so it really doesn't do anything to your xbox bios then? if that is true what you are saying? do you have to change around your xbe files? b/c i have default.xbe, newdash.xbe (MS), xboxdash.xbe. do i have to rename the default?

#7 Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 11 September 2003 - 09:48 PM

It only loads the BIOS into temp memory, leaving the chip on the MB unchanged.

Morden.

#8 Krillin3230

Krillin3230

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 09:49 PM

I don't understand the phonix install file that comes with 1.3. is there a plain english tutorial somewhere?

#9 Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 11 September 2003 - 09:53 PM

Yes, in the tutorials section. it takes you step by step through setting this up.

Now excuse me while I go rename my xodash folder. I have the urge to get rid of that pesky little button!

Morden.

#10 Krillin3230

Krillin3230

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 02:46 AM

I GOT IT TO WORK BY USING PHOENIX

#11 stanneh

stanneh

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 September 2003 - 10:12 AM

default.xbe is pheonix bios loader that name is correct that will oad up the bios which will look for evoxdash.xbe u need evolution x dashboard in C then it will load up to evox for you i have no idea what your newdash.xbe is i guess you named it that? but just leave default.xbe alone leave xboxdash.xbe alone and get evox dashboard in C evox dashboard includes a skin folder an evox.ini file and the xbe file will most likely be called default.xbe when u download evox rename it to evoxdash.xbe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users