8 replies to this topic

#1 FailSafe

FailSafe

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 11:53 PM

I just had my Xbox modded and before I even got it back to me the cold cathode light I was having put in stopped working on one side. I have heard of this happening to other people, are these things not very durable/reliable?

#2 SukMyDuck2

SukMyDuck2

X-S Expert

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 September 2003 - 11:59 PM

there reliable (by that they light really good and dont malfunction) but they are by no means durable.
where is the cc located at?
chances r it crack or broke on that side ohmy.gif

#3 FailSafe

FailSafe

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 12:01 AM

The guy that was doing the mod didnt even get a chance to stick it on there. It just stopped working.

#4 powerben5000

powerben5000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 12:03 AM

Well, despite the name a cold cathode is just a floursescent lightbulb, and that half-dead thing does happen to flourescents, but usually when they're old and about to die...

And they are glass too so they can be fragile...unsure.gif

#5 curse_007

curse_007

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 12:40 AM

I have a set of 12" CC in my PC tower...for about 6 monthes...the light time on them is about 15.000.00 hrs supposedly...but they are pretty durable...unless you are sword fighting with them or this one was just defective...wich happens sometimes...I think they are a decent light ...how long have you had them...can you take them back and get a new set???

#6 FailSafe

FailSafe

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 12:58 AM

Yeah the light was brand new he's just sending it back. I'll have a new one hopefully next week.

#7 Shifty

Shifty

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 September 2003 - 01:19 AM

My 80 mm CC broke when i flexed the plastic protective shell just slightly when i was pulling it off of my xbox top (it was taped down). Man that sucked, but i bought a new one at SVC.

#8 FailSafe

FailSafe

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 01:32 AM

Yeah it suxx, but oh well the guy that I had do this stuff for me is cool and he's makin sure it goes off smoothly. He's deffinatley going out of his way to fix the problem that he didnt even create. I am going to send it back to him in a month anyway for him to paint lol.If you don't have the nuts to do this stuff yourself let him do it.
Xbox Mods

#9 jC!

jC!

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • Interests:Xbox - AudioPhile
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 September 2003 - 02:44 AM

As long as your carefull they won't break....do put them somewhere where they'll get squezed. When I started modding I first put 2 4" Green CC's on the side of the case (at night it'd glow green out the side of the box) but the first one I put in I put infront of the metal and when I put the top on, it crushed it before I had a chance to move it.

(Now it glows Blue)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users