#1 Ubergeek

Ubergeek

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 04:30 PM

Added full DHCP support in the FTP

Thanks to Oz_Paulb or the LBA48 source (interesting stuff) - we'll be implementing this into the X2 kernel from source level so it may be tweeked a bit - will let you know how soon

Also working on a couple of things like the no dvd boot on new hd issue and another couple of things we've spotted in the New Bios Ideas section (yes we do read that)

We are also waiting on Ben Jeremy to supply some better FTP code as the X2 ftpd isnt the best.

Will release 4979 as soon as its ready. It will be 512k. If you want LBA48 256 X2 bios - use xbtool and 4977.

This will probably be the last X2 bios. Future Bios's will be X3 amd they will work a little different as X3 design has a hardware feature that works in conjunction with the bios so will be used on X3 hardware only (the hardware is backwards compatible of course). Details are still sketchy as we keep changing our minds on features and get new ideas all the time - but once 4979 is done we are 100% committed to getting X3 finished as a hardware and software product.

Dont expect daily news updates or pre orders. The week its finished you will have full details and will be able to buy it immediatley with no waiting.

If you have any input into what features you would like to see in the last X2 bios - or even X3 bios / hardware - please post here as we're monitering.

Edited by Ubergeek, 12 September 2003 - 04:32 PM.

#2 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 September 2003 - 04:36 PM

I'll send you the code when I get home... it's been very stable for beta testers so far, though a hair slower (not sure why that is, though) - but not bad, and worth it for the stability/compatibility. If it's not tight enough, there are some tweaks I can do to remove some portions of code (the XML stuff).

Looking forward to the BIOS release wink.gif

#3 chevrix

chevrix

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 05:31 PM

So the new X3 bios will NOT run on Xecuter 2.2 or any other
mod chip than the new Xecuter 3?

#4 Ubergeek

Ubergeek

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 05:35 PM

probably not - it depends on the structure

we will try to make it compatible on an X2 but without the extra hardware features of x3

however if we cant do this without affecting performance or stability - you could always use the other free bios's we've given you.

#5 chevrix

chevrix

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 05:56 PM

Not bad. I haven't bought an Xecuter mod chip yet because I made my own homebrew.
Was planning to, but now I'm sure gona wait until Xecuter 3 mod chip is released biggrin.gif

Keep the good work comming u boys there (and maybe also girls) wink.gif

#6 chinmi

chinmi

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 07:04 PM

is the x3 mod-chip have the same 9 wire adaptor like the x2 mod-chip ???

#7 chevrix

chevrix

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (chinmi @ Sep 12 2003, 09:04 PM)
is the x3 mod-chip have the same 9 wire adaptor like the x2 mod-chip ???

They probably don't know yet because the xbox 1.4 has changed a lot (they think).
See the topic here

The X3 is going to work with xbox 1.4, not?

Edited by chevrix, 12 September 2003 - 07:24 PM.

#8 Varzi

Varzi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (Ubergeek @ Sep 12 2003, 06:30 PM)
If you have any input into what features you would like to see in the last X2 bios - or even X3 bios / hardware - please post here as we're monitering.

Vga would be a very appreciated gift.gif
Thank's in advance!

#9 sharpy_uk

sharpy_uk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 07:45 AM

ability to change "boot partitions and executables" in 4979
are we likely to see this in 4978.03 with xbtool? i want to boot F:xselect.xbe (for example) and dont want anything apart from the ms dash on the c drive, or can you do this now?

#10 Ubergeek

Ubergeek

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (sharpy_uk @ Sep 13 2003, 09:45 AM)
ability to change "boot partitions and executables" in 4979
are we likely to see this in 4978.03 with xbtool? i want to boot F:xselect.xbe (for example) and dont want anything apart from the ms dash on the c drive, or can you do this now?

you can do this now

#11 ips

ips

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 03:13 PM

Well what I'd like to see in the X3 Hardware or software is a way to flash via USB (either using a USB chip like the XBit chip, or via a USB to Parallel adapter). Many motherboard makers are starting to shift to legacy free products (laptops too) so I think it would be in your best interest to get a way for the X3 hardware to be flashable with a legacy free PC.

#12 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 September 2003 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (ips @ Sep 13 2003, 12:13 PM)
Well what I'd like to see in the X3 Hardware or software is a way to flash via USB (either using a USB chip like the XBit chip, or via a USB to Parallel adapter). Many motherboard makers are starting to shift to legacy free products (laptops too) so I think it would be in your best interest to get a way for the X3 hardware to be flashable with a legacy free PC.

Ubergeek has already stated USB programming was a feature of the X3

#13 athloni

athloni

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 03:32 PM

And please remove the DVD drive Bug in 4978.03

When you access the XBOX by Evox FTP. The D partition is the same as the C partition. So you can't acccess drive D.

#14 Tover

Tover

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 07:07 PM

One request with the loader feature. Is it possible to expand it so that buttons b,x,y,white, and black could be pressed at boot up. The button read then calls an ini file off the HD and boots the respected xbe.

Would be great to have XBMP, emulator, or dvd region x (progressive scan mode) set up in the ini and quick boot to those instead of going through the dash.

Not sure how much space is left in the 512k. I would love to go with the X3 when it comes out. I currently have an old Open BIOXX or whatever installed. Hopefully I can transition over without much problems with the x3.

Thanks for the great work guys (and gals?) You have made my xbox experiance the best.

#15 Pobbe

Pobbe

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Tover @ Sep 13 2003, 10:07 PM)
One request with the loader feature. Is it possible to expand it so that buttons b,x,y,white, and black could be pressed at boot up. The button read then calls an ini file off the HD and boots the respected xbe.

Would be great to have XBMP, emulator, or dvd region x (progressive scan mode) set up in the ini and quick boot to those instead of going through the dash.

Well, thatīs already a feature in Avalaunch if you didnīt know that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users