dizturbd

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 September 2003 - 09:53 PM

I have to give Madden the overall edge, but I love playing ESPN this year. It keeps surprising me everytime I turn it on. If only the players didn't move so goofy. The arcade like cuts are what ruin it for me, but the stats always end up more realistic than madden. I like ESPN, but still LOVE Madden. The Madden players just move and look better.

#3 bigpoopie

bigpoopie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 10:06 PM

I've got both and I play espn way more...actually since I got espn I haven't played madden again...not saying madden is not good cuz it is I just have way more fun playing espn.

#4 MrSelfDestruct

MrSelfDestruct

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 05:28 PM

ESPN is WAYYYYYY better.

Better graphics, better gameplay, more innovative....and best of all its not made by EA!

#5 thomes08

thomes08

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
  • Interests:XBOX! HOCKEY! POT AND SHROOMS! BEER!

Posted 17 September 2003 - 12:12 AM

i love sega and i love how they make games for my xbox... they seem to fit together i wish MS had bought them out

I'm gonna go pick up ESPN NFL and ESPN NHL tomorrow!

thomes08

#6 shank69xo

shank69xo

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Interests:XBOX360, PC Mods, Titties<br /><br />MuDvAyNe
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 September 2003 - 12:15 AM

I am a Die-Hard Madden fan , and I too, own both games. But eversince ESPN came out , Madden gets no-play. I just hope that this is not a permanent change. laugh.gif laugh.gif

#7 Loranga

Loranga

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 10:39 AM

I heve never seen a Football game but I tried Madden 2004 and I really liked it. Im just starting to get a hang of the basic rules and tactics...wink.gif
Maybee I pick up ESPN now.
What fotball game do you think its best for a "football-newbie"?

#8 lala larry

lala larry

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 08:05 PM

I have been a fan of both Sega and EA sports games for a long time. Early on Sega was better and here as of late Madden (Sega is still better with regards to Hockey). But this year's ESPN takes the cake for bringing us a great playable game.

I liked Madden 2004 and loved the NCAA series, but like the other posters noted, Madden now gets no time and ESPN football all the time! The slick presentation reminds me of watching an actual ESPN broadcast. The gameplsy is really good and the players seem tomove more realistically then Madden. The Madden fanboys will claim realism and accuracy. If they want realism, they should try the first person mode in ESPN football!

Madden 2004 is really good, but ESPN is great!

PS - I wish Visual Studios would fix it to so you don't have to perform seperate saves for user records and season saves.

Edited by lala larry, 18 September 2003 - 08:08 PM.

#9 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 September 2003 - 08:07 PM

NFL Fever! And then ESPN, then Madden.

I know, I am in the minority on this one tongue.gif

#10 Gonzo_PhD

Gonzo_PhD

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 08:27 PM

I vote ESPN. I hate that in Madden any play that gets past the line of scrimmage is an automatic touchdown - the scores are always like 58-43. Madden also has the "space" physics, where you can lure every player on the field to one sideline and then do a mega-cutback and take it to the house down the other side. Fever was better last year, but still has the best playbooks and franchise mode of the three (though "The Crib" is nice). ESPN is the most like what you see when you turn on the game on Sunday.

#11 juan23

juan23

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 05:59 PM

ESPN KICKS ASS!!!!, i was a madden fan, however you gotta admit sega games are much better than the old EA. I think if EA goes back to there roots just maybe they can make a good football game again.

ESPN Baby!!!!

#12 enoh

enoh

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 22 September 2003 - 07:05 PM

ESPN NFL Football is definitely the best overall football game this year, although the new owner mode in Madden is pretty cool.

#13 N00bvin

N00bvin

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 06:33 PM

I've seen this poll several places and on several boards, and the majority have been saying ESPN (...and I totally agree).

ESPN is just a better football game... more realistic and fun to play (and watch). However, Madden is part of the gaming "culture". Celebrities play it... sports stars play it, and it gets TONS of media coverage. The BIGGEST slap in the face is that ESPN (the network) has Madden plastered EVERYWHERE.

I think it's a sign of the times when a "popular" game will make more money than a "good" game... that's too bad, really. That thinking tells developers that they can make a crappy game and people will buy it if marketed right (The Matrix game being another example of that...).

#14 slidellsimba2

slidellsimba2

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (N00bvin @ Sep 23 2003, 02:33 PM)
I think it's a sign of the times when a "popular" game will make more money than a "good" game... that's too bad, really. That thinking tells developers that they can make a crappy game and people will buy it if marketed right (The Matrix game being another example of that...).

i couldnt agree more

#15 openwindow

openwindow

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 09:16 PM

I haven't even touched a Madden game since NFL2k on Dreamcast. Well, my friends have madden, so I've played them, but it's just nowhere near as fun as what Sega's putting out, for my money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users