67 replies to this topic

#1 RacerX

RacerX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 02:41 AM

I have an odd problem, I think...
I successfully modded, installed evox, installed new Maxtor 120gb hdd, and got my backed-up C: and E: onto the new hdd. However, whenever I ftp in with FlashFXP, and access my xbox's D: drive, it shows me the contents of the C: drive under the D: heading. I have uploaded nonsense files into C: to make sure, and sure enough, I then see them in D: too. Any idea why I can't access the contents of the DVD drive? Help would be much appreciated.

#2 xtc

xtc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 03:13 AM

Your not the only one. I had the same problem after changing hard drives. Then after reading your post I decided to check on it again and to my amazement it now works! But I had the exact same problem drive d: contents were identical to the c: when I ftp to it. The only thing I did reciently was I added the G: drive support patch.
but i don't know what fixed it. I can tell you that I did not reflash my bios in a long time so that was'nt the problem - I think its dash related

#3 RacerX

RacerX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 11:56 AM

The G: drive support patch, eh? Do you think that had anything to do with it, or do you think it was just a fluke? I'm running evox 1.3752, anyone know any known issues with it?

#4 arwiD

arwiD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 September 2003 - 03:19 PM

xbox d: drive = dvd-rom

#5 xtc

xtc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 04:11 PM

No I don't think the G: support patch fixed it. The only reason why I mentioned it was that was the only thing that I recall doing before I noticed it working again. I am running evox 3752 also so you should be able to get it to work. Try reinstalling the dash, try using DHCP if your not already. All I can say is I didnt intentionally try to fix it, but I was delighted to see it working again after reading your post.

#6 sage_of_darkness

sage_of_darkness

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 02:21 PM

i'm having the same problem, except mine is using the fonts exploit. some of the files are different, c and d, but they have the same basic structure. I NEED HELP!!!!

#7 hydrocardiac

hydrocardiac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 08:38 AM

[QUOTE]whenever I ftp in with FlashFXP, and access my xbox's D: drive, it shows me the contents of the C: drive under the D: heading

Hmm...im having this exact same problem,but when i go into boxplorer and check the contents of D: it will actually show the dvd contents instead of the C: contents.Its only flashfxp thats seems to be the problem or ftp problem with me,im using the standard hdd too so i never changed very much stuff on me hdd either.
Anyone have an idea?i think it would be a simple solution..

#8 doggy_dogg

doggy_dogg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 12:52 PM

I always thought that D: was the DVD-ROM drive.

If it's not, which drive is?

#9 fOZf8

fOZf8

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 12:56 PM

D: IS the dvd-drive, you're probably looking at your evox boot disc, or whatever disc is in there...

beerchug.gif

#10 hack5t3r

hack5t3r

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 11:46 AM

No this definetly is a problem, if anyone has any suggested work arounds, please post and I will give them a go.

#11 hydrocardiac

hydrocardiac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 09:27 AM

Apparantly its a problem with the x2_4978.03 bios, u have to revert back to x2_4977 to fix the problem.i currently have x2_ 4978.03 thats why i have the problem,but i dont want to flash back to 4977.Does anyone know a workaround other than flashing the bios? And also is there anybody using x2_4978.03 and does not have this problem?

#12 anjilslaire

anjilslaire

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:duh...I'm here, aren't I?
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 September 2003 - 03:22 PM

I'm using morden's audio hack, and the solution for me is:
eject the drive
"refresh drive" option from evox>audio hack>refresh cd drive
close drive.
voila.
This may be native only to morden's tho. But it's great.

#13 GEoMaNTiK

GEoMaNTiK

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 08:39 PM

I'm still using the 4973 and I've been having this problem for a while, I think it's been since I installed X-Select but I've been too lasy to remove and retry it.

#14 GEoMaNTiK

GEoMaNTiK

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 03:10 PM

I confirmed what I suspected, it's X-Select 0.6 causing the probs for me.

I replaced evox xbe as boot and I could now see the DVDROM contents, when I put it back to X-Select after testing I could only see the contents of C under my D drive.

#15 ...ReLLiK

...ReLLiK

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 07:08 PM

What is your IP for your FTP in the 4978.03 Bios? Is it the same as the IP EvoX is assigned? could maybe the two FTP's having the same IP cause this? If so that could mean that the BIOS ftp take precedence over the EvoX ftp. If this is the case, changing the IP to something different in BIOS ftp could allow you to use the two different ftps by going to the correct IP for each one. If there truly is a bug in the X2 ftp, then just ftp over to the EvoX ftp and it should work fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users