• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Brutus

Brutus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 04:07 PM

Right need some help ,Can i flash my Messiah X chip ? this has not been updated since i got my xbox. If anyone can help, Thanks.

#2 Alkane

Alkane

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 September 2003 - 05:12 PM

No, that chip is not reflashable. In fact the chip does not have a full BIOS, it simply patches the Xbox's onboard BIOS.

#3 Brutus

Brutus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 05:46 PM

Thanks for the info, but can i update the Bios?? (sorry about if questions are dumb)

#4 Pizza Pizz

Pizza Pizz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 12:55 AM

you can't update the bios of the chip but you can flash the tsop of your ver 1.0

hopefully it will have a ST in there......
(hynix should be ok too but sharp tsop is a little more complex)

then under evox you could flash it with a good reliable 1mb bios butbe careful - if you do a bad flash then you gotta rip out your messiah-x and fit a lpc mod

you can leave the messiah in whilst you flash the tsop - it doesn't need the power wires cut like the enigmah's or xtender older 29 wire mods - though would suggest removing mod after flashing tsop.

then after all is done you can use any size unlocked h/d instead of being limited to the standard locked drive - heck first thing to do is unlock your h/d if you flash the tsop coz you ain't going live on a hacked tsop are you

just use a standard x2 4976.02 or 4977 - forget the colours and stuff - a few custom bios can be iffy so stick with the normal bios - and DON'T USE A BFM BIOS - YOUR TSOP WILL BE BOLLOXED - i did that a few weeks back and only just rescued my tsop after a 29 wire homebrew nightmare

best of luck

#5 elbotsik

elbotsik

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:33 AM

I think I have a Messiah-X chip installed (could you please see http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=718776 for pictures). Do I have to solder the pins on my xbox 1.0 (STMicroelectronics TSOP) in order to flash it to a newer bios (in order to add a bigger disk)? It seems that EVOX doesn't start on my xbox. I have XBMC up and running and I tried to flash the BIOS using Slayer's dvd but I got a TSOP is Readonly error...

#6 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:46 PM

It looks like a 29-wire modchip from the mess of wires. You still need to solder bridge the relevant points on the motherboard to tsop flash: see this http://www.xboxscene...ticles/tsop.php.

However I can offer another alternative to flashing to support a bigger hdd. Use Phoenix Bios Loader Metoo Loader to load a BFM bios with LBA48 support. This is software only. PBL Metoo is available from the usual places. There should be BFM versions of X2 5035 or IND Bios 5003 as well.

By the way you resurrected a thread from the year 2003. dry.gif Why not create a new thread?

#7 elbotsik

elbotsik

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

I am really sorry for posting on this thread (my friend told me that the guy who modded the xbox said it was a messiah chip, which obviously is not). I've been trying for a couple of days now to make PBL 1.4 to start but I can't make it boot. I have even tried the auto instaler deluxe but without ant luck... Can you guide me on where to start a thread (perhaps the XBE Exploits section?) to get the PBL running?

Thanks in advance!

#8 elbotsik

elbotsik

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:33 PM

Thanks for the advice! I finally did it... Used the metoo-m8plus-v1.4.1 version but I installed the 4981.06_bfm.bin bios (because I read somewhere the m8 is for xbox 1.6). The weird thing is that I had to put the files in the E drive and rename the default.xbe to xboxdash.xbe (and then I had to rename the xbmc's xbe file to avalaunch.xbe to have it loaded by the x2_4981 kernel). This was necessary due to the fact that I had a softmod running (the fonts hack) that loaded the xbmc from e:\xboxdash.xbe...
Thanks god I figured this out after lot's of reading...

Thanks again for pointing me to this safe direction (instead of flashing my bios)!

#9 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE(elbotsik @ Aug 6 2010, 04:33 AM) View Post

This was necessary due to the fact that I had a softmod running (the fonts hack) that loaded the xbmc from e:\xboxdash.xbe...

You failed to mention the softmod in your earlier post and why did you switch to x2 4981? How big is that hdd? I didn't mention x2 5035 and IND Bios randomly - they were chosen for a reason. Did you partition the hdd with xbpartitioner?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users