26 replies to this topic

#1 NewGuyNeedzHelp

NewGuyNeedzHelp

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 08:15 PM

I'm trying to rent some xbox games, but, all the blockbuster stores near my place don't have most of the latest games or some pretty popular games from last year. I just want to ask if anyone is actually using GameFly and how is it. Is it safe to use and how fast the deliveries are. Thanx.

#2 NewGuyNeedzHelp

NewGuyNeedzHelp

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 12:48 AM

no one want to answer ?

#3 FormFactor

FormFactor

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 06:48 AM

pretty slow to me, but blockbuster sucks worse, so try it.

#4 sbcshaunski

sbcshaunski

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 06:55 AM

Hi,

I've tried Gamefly, GameLender, and GoVojo.com. I'm still a member of Gamefly and Gamelender. Gamefly has the best selection of new games. Gamelender is cheaper but a lot of their games have "1-3 day wait". I like Govojo the best because they had the quickest turnaround time but TOO MANY of their games have a "SHORT WAIT" status. I think service really varies depending on where you are located. I am in San Francisco, so that is probably why Govojo was so quick (they are in Oakland). Gamelender is in San Jose and GameFly is located in Inglewood (Los Angeles I believe). So long story short, I stuck with Gamefly because they have most of the games I want though I am not happy with their turnaround time (3 days to a week). Hope that helps.

#5 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 September 2003 - 01:02 PM

I've been pretty happy with Gamefly. They are a little slow, but that is to be expected. If you are serious about renting a and playing a LOT of games then Gamefly is the way to go because you will save a lot of money.

I guess it all depends on how much you intend to play. If you plan on playing 3 games or less a month then stick with Blockbuster. They cost about $6.00 to rent now but they're local and you can have as quick a turnaround as you want. If you plan on playing more than 3 games a month then go with Gamefly because the cost per game will be significantly lower.

It's also nice because if you decide that you WANT to keep a game for longer you don't have to pay any renewal fee to Gamefly as you would with Blockbuster.

#6 NewGuyNeedzHelp

NewGuyNeedzHelp

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 09:47 PM

thanx guys, Blockbuster has its own "game freedom pass" which is $20 per month no late fees and everything, but the only thing that stops me is that they don't have the latest games ! I don't have my own credit card so I need to convince my parents to use theirs. For all you guys who are still on GameFly and maybe someone who already canceled their accounts, did you guys had any problem about the Credit Card Bills? Because that's the key problem for my parent to put the card on, because they are scared.

Thanx again for giving me the info. Hopefully they'll take deposit that kind of stuff soon smile.gif

P.S. I'm in LA so I think gamefly should be the fastest turnaround for me smile.gif

Edited by NewGuyNeedzHelp, 16 September 2003 - 09:55 PM.

#7 FormFactor

FormFactor

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 01:23 AM

No prob with bills.

#8 scotty6004

scotty6004

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 04:05 AM

Hey I use gamefly and they work great. Like you blockbuster always doesnt have any good games to rent left plus its way too much money to rent one. Gamefly doesnt have tons of wait times..maybe once and awhile on a new game, but usually I can rent a newly realeased game teh same day its realeased. The little window to store all your games you want is the best and most user friendly i think. Im on the east coast so it takes usually 4-5 days to get to me but its still a good turnaround time I think considering the price and the service. Redoctane used used to take anywhere from 5-10 days. Oh ya also gamefly sells its games for really good prices so you could just end up buying a game you rent if you want and they send you the case and manual.

Go with gamefly...

#9 Xbox-Savage

Xbox-Savage

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • Interests:To Sleep with your mommy.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 September 2003 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (NewGuyNeedzHelp @ Sep 13 2003, 06:15 PM)
I'm trying to rent some xbox games, but, all the blockbuster stores near my place don't have most of the latest games or some pretty popular games from last year. I just want to ask if anyone is actually using GameFly and how is it. Is it safe to use and how fast the deliveries are. Thanx.

sad.gif Not available in Puerto Rico wink.gif dry.gif those sons of... cussing.gif

#10 NewGuyNeedzHelp

NewGuyNeedzHelp

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 08:20 AM

I just got my 1st two games smile.gif raw 2 and Soul Caliber2. They shipped on the 17th and I got them around 1:00pm on the 18th. I'm really happy. Thanx guys.

#11 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 September 2003 - 02:56 PM

Wow. I've got to move to California. Sometimes it takes forever to get to Rhode Island. Still better than Blockbuster though.

#12 masterpp

masterpp

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 03:41 PM

i have unlimited game plan with hollywood video, 2 games at a time. They are not offering plan anymore. Lucky i'm still continuing to use the plan after they stop. Hollywood has more games than blockbuster. Blockbuster only let u have 1 game at a time.
I know they don't have all the games, but if they don't i can always go find other game rental store to get the game what i'm looking for.

#13 Guyver-X

Guyver-X

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Interests:I like playing on my Xbox or ps2. I like messing about with Ps7, Mx Fireworks and 3dsm on my pc.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 September 2003 - 05:25 PM

I say u just buy the games lol you get it there and then also u can try second hand games as they are ok (aslong as they work) renting is cheap but id rather buy.

#14 fgrhehghej

fgrhehghej

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 10:03 PM

My Blockbuster used to be like yours (Miami Beach, FL). I talked to the store manager to no avail. Then I called their HQ (there's a toll-free number on their website somewhere; just ask to speak to their shift supervisor - call during business hours and they'll connect you). Got to talk to a very nice lady at corporate who took time out of her schedule, called the store manager and even called me back to apologize. From there on, I got the most courteous service at my store. The store manager still remembers my name and makes it a point to be as friendly as possible. And the selection has improved noticably (as big time).

#15 NewGuyNeedzHelp

NewGuyNeedzHelp

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (fgrhehghej @ Sep 21 2003, 12:03 AM)
the selection has improved noticably (as big time).

do they have all the latest games ? ex: Raw2, D&D Heros? becuz GameFly just shipped my 3rd title today (Sunday)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users