Photo

Is There A List Of Games That Lists Size?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 heyfunny

heyfunny

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 12:16 AM

I am relatively new to the "getting more out of your xbox" scene and I have a small HD in my X-box (10 gig) and I am curious if there is a list of X-Box games with a listing of the amount of space taken up when backing up the game in its entirety to the Xbox HD. (Your purchased games of coarse *wink*) I have a limited amount of space and would like to know what I will need free for specific games without backing them up 1st... I know you can select the game folder in boxplorer and use the option "used space" or something like that but I don't have every game to check so a list would be nice.... For instance both the Buffy games are less than 2 gigs each. And Simpsons Road Rage is super small (under 700mb)
So how bout it?

BTW off topic but My friends and I have purchased 3 x-boxes in the past 2 months. All 3 from Game Stop / Software Etc in Iowa and all 3 have Samsung drives. (2 were referbished 1.1's and 1 was a new 1.3) I just wonder is M$ is sticking Sammy's in all the referb's,... jester.gif

#2 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 September 2003 - 12:19 AM

It's probably a bad business move to buy your games based on whether they will fit on your hard drive. And I don't believe for a second you're purchasing them *wink*.

#3 heyfunny

heyfunny

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 12:37 AM

It's probably a bad business move to buy your games based on whether they will fit on your hard drive. And I don't believe for a second you're purchasing them *wink*.

by Xeero.

I am not buying my games based on how large they are I just want to know how large there are before I attempt to back them up,... I have a 4 year old and a newborn its a must to protect your games from thier distructive hands,... I was thinking more like knowing if I could back it up to archive the game on my PC hd in that unforseen instance that the origional got stolen/broken/lost etc. And yes it can happen I originally purchased an xbox last year and had our duplex broken into and cleaned out while my wife and I were at work. I have the police report to prove it and they took over 10k worth of Stuff but for some reason left my PC while taking my Wife and kids PC's. Now wouldn't you be relieved if you had all your xbox games backed up on your PC HD? (at least they left 1 xb controller) So please don't mark me as noob pirate supreme,... the *wink* in my post was supposed to be funny,... 8) (BTW yes I was stupid and had no insurance) 8(

Edited by heyfunny, 15 September 2003 - 12:40 AM.

#4 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 12:39 AM

They took your wife and kids? That's horrible! ohmy.gif

#5 heyfunny

heyfunny

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 12:41 AM

Thats funny I just noticed that after I posted it,... 8)

#6 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 12:45 AM

Anyway, search around. There is an app (available from our download page, maybe?) that lists game sizes...maybe there's a list someplace else online. Generally this has no practical legal application. Most people will buy what they buy, and back it all up; they'll only let the size of the game dictate what method they use to back it up.

#7 birdzs6

birdzs6

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 12:55 AM

whats your email i have a prog that tells the size if u want ill send it

#8 heyfunny

heyfunny

X-S Enthusiast

• Members