• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nadayada

nadayada

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 03:23 PM

Just a quick note for any one haveing problems with ESPN Nhl or Nfl .
I couldn't get them to play from my hard drive....I copied them over with XBCOPY and they would stick upon loading.......I tired changing my video settings etc....... Then I compared the files I copied with XBCOPY with the one on my pc in flashfxp and quess what ........there was over a half of gig missing.........so there is some copy protection on the disc ......I couldn't use XBCOPY..........So I just used FlashFXP and sent over the missing files and now they work just fine...........I hope this helps someone.

#2 AgentEB

AgentEB

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 September 2003 - 08:47 PM

for all you that don't know. xbcopy doesn't work anymore for most of the newer games like soul calibur 2 even after backing it up with xbcopy and manually patching it. probably some new way software companies have found to protect the media. use dvd2xbox instead. it's a newer updated version of xbcopy just with a new name that will patch the default.xbe 80 percent of the time. sometimes the default.xbe has some differences like Default.xbe or DEFAULT.xbe that fool dvd2xbox so that it doesn't recognize the file. you then have to patch it yourself which takes less then a minute to do.

#3 WiSo

WiSo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 September 2003 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (AgentEB @ Sep 15 2003, 10:47 PM)
sometimes the default.xbe has some differences like Default.xbe or DEFAULT.xbe that fool dvd2xbox so that it doesn't recognize the file.

Thanks you for the notice. I'll fix this in the next release.

Supplemental:
Didn't know my own source laugh.gif
As from version 0.4.2 dvd2xbox checks all *.xbe files.

Edited by WiSo, 16 September 2003 - 06:54 AM.

#4 nezff

nezff

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:gaming, gaming o and gaming
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 September 2003 - 12:52 PM

what do u mean, xbcopy doesn't work anymore? i copied dynasty warriors 4 over and then patched the default.xbe by ftping it over & then back to xbox hdd and it worked fine.

#5 AgentEB

AgentEB

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 September 2003 - 02:08 PM

i'm just saying for some games. sc2 was a bitch to figure out. was at my friends place and he backed up his sc2 to the xbox hdd using xboxcopy. we manually patched the game and sent it back to the xbox. game doesn't load. delete game, backup again..manually patch..still doesn't work. try same procedure again using dvd2xbox and it works beautifully. i should create a obituary page for xbcopy cause it is dead now. same for boxplore

R.I.P. xboxcopy & boxplore

reincarnatation as dvd2xbox 0.4.5. use dvd2xbox or px HDD loader to backup the games to the HDD cause they are updated frequently

QUOTE (WiSo @ Sep 16 2003 , 04:11 PM)
Thanks you for the notice. I'll fix this in the next release.

Supplemental:
Didn't know my own source 
As from version 0.4.2 dvd2xbox checks all *.xbe files.

your welcome WiSo laugh.gif

Edited by AgentEB, 25 September 2003 - 02:16 PM.

#6 nezff

nezff

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:gaming, gaming o and gaming
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 September 2003 - 02:29 PM

i just got dvd2xbox 045. i will try it out. thanks for the update. i still patch my games manually so i will copy them using dvd2xbox 0.45.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users