40 replies to this topic

#1 wolverinegod

wolverinegod

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 11:46 PM

As far as i know, 3752 was still beta, (if that was indeed the case). Assuming so, then is there any reason for me to wait to see about bugs on this version? To upgrade, i was thinking about making a cd with craxtion of the new dash then xCommander to just copy it over to the drive, thus deleting the old files that were already on? Would that work properly for me? I haven't seen any posts regarding this topic and the new dash, which is why i'm posting this. I can't imagine it wouldn't work. Lastly, i actually have a 160 gb hd in. Am i correct to assume that in order to make the rest of the space available, i'd install this dashboard after patching a version of 4977 bios and uploading that. Then turning on the use g drive feature in this dash??? or do i not need to patch my bios. Also wouldn't i have to format the new space, what would be the ini command to do that so i can do it from the evox dash? Thanks in advance

Go Blue

#2 majik655

majik655

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 September 2003 - 12:52 AM

I have kinda the same questions..

is this the same as the old IGR problem.

(evox had IGR but "some" (couple) of games didn't work.)
so some of us used X2 bios' which has IGR IN the bios.. allowing those few games to work..
however you HAD to turn OFF IGR in evox to get things running correctly.

so on this extra drive stuff...
is it the same now?

So do we use new X2 bios with patch ?? and can still use old 3285??

or do we HAVE to have a bios patch AND HAVE to use NEW evox dash that supports it.

or can we just use evox dash that supports larger drives and not patch bios? (I think we would still have to patch the bios.)

wolverinegod:
You said you would have to format remaining space... however you have to FORMAT the WHOLE drive at once to use the extra space otherwise the hard drive will become corrupted right?? or has this changed because you add a partition?

Edited by majik655, 16 September 2003 - 12:53 AM.

#3 wolverinegod

wolverinegod

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 01:17 AM

I don't know, that's why i asked.......

#4 Psilocybe

Psilocybe

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 01:23 AM

you can use any bios (other than ms ones of course) with any dash
if you want the igr to work correct you either need a bios with out igr, or turn igr off on evox, don't use them both or you will get problems as the coding for each of them is different

#5 majik655

majik655

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (Psilocybe @ Sep 15 2003, 07:23 PM)
you can use any bios (other than ms ones of course) with any dash
if you want the igr to work correct you either need a bios with out igr, or turn igr off on evox, don't use them both or you will get problems as the coding for each of them is different

yeah but ..

do we now have to patch the bios's for larger hard drives than 137gig
if we want to use the NEW evox that already has that G partition option...

or can we just use the NEW evox without needing to patch the bios we are using?

#6 wolverinegod

wolverinegod

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (wolverinegod @ Sep 15 2003, 08:46 PM)
As far as i know, 3752 was still beta, (if that was indeed the case). Assuming so, then is there any reason for me to wait to see about bugs on this version? To upgrade, i was thinking about making a cd with craxtion of the new dash then xCommander to just copy it over to the drive, thus deleting the old files that were already on? Would that work properly for me? I haven't seen any posts regarding this topic and the new dash, which is why i'm posting this. I can't imagine it wouldn't work. Lastly, i actually have a 160 gb hd in. Am i correct to assume that in order to make the rest of the space available, i'd install this dashboard after patching a version of 4977 bios and uploading that. Then turning on the use g drive feature in this dash??? or do i not need to patch my bios. Also wouldn't i have to format the new space, what would be the ini command to do that so i can do it from the evox dash? Thanks in advance

Go Blue

Just wanted to make sure people read the original post.

#7 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 01:38 AM

Ok, I'll try to answer as many of these questions as I can. Post if I miss something.

As far as i know, 3752 was still beta

They are all 'betas' because the evox team is not responsible if something breaks.

Assuming so, then is there any reason for me to wait to see about bugs on this version?

Always a good idea to wait a day. The release itself seems stable, just there is a lack of info on some of the new features. (partition7, trainers, Gameregion/Videomode switch) Hopefully these will be addressed soon.

To upgrade, i was thinking about making a cd with craxtion of the new dash then xCommander to just copy it over to the drive, thus deleting the old files that were already on? Would that work properly for me? I haven't seen any posts regarding this topic and the new dash, which is why i'm posting this.

Yes, just replace the .xbe and evox.ini, reboot, and you are done.

Lastly, i actually have a 160 gb hd in. Am i correct to assume that in order to make the rest of the space available, i'd install this dashboard after patching a version of 4977 bios and uploading that. Then turning on the use g drive feature in this dash??? or do i not need to patch my bios.

Yes, you still need to patch your bios, and flash it to your chip for LBA48. If you want to use a G drive, choose that option in xbtool

Also wouldn't i have to format the new space, what would be the ini command to do that so i can do it from the evox dash?

look at the guides for formatting a drive. Where you normally:
CODE
Format c:
Format e:
Format f:
Format x:
Format y:
Format z:

just add:
CODE
format g:

or just send the raw ftp command:
Formatpath DeviceHarddisk0Partition7

The FTP app will echo a hard drive key (display a long number in a dialog box). Use that key for the next command.

FormatDrive 'the number' (no quotes)

majik655:
So do we use new X2 bios with patch ?? and can still use old 3285??

If you want to use a G drive, you either need to use a patched 3752 or use 3921.

or do we HAVE to have a bios patch AND HAVE to use NEW evox dash that supports it.

Yes, you need a bios that supports LBA48 AND an evox build that supports it.

or can we just use evox dash that supports larger drives and not patch bios? (I think we would still have to patch the bios.)

You have to understand that no matter what, the LBA48 HAS TO BE IN THE BIOS. Thats were it is. You can just use the new evox. YOU STILL NEED TO PATCH THE BIOS.

#8 wolverinegod

wolverinegod

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 01:40 AM

Heinrich: You rule dude!

#9 SoDoRo

SoDoRo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 01:59 AM

Gosh, almost nuked my XBOX with the newversion.
I suggest not, the new version has problems with the FTP.

#10 blaze_all_day

blaze_all_day

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 02:02 AM

Thanks Dude!!

The IGR look greet now!!!

Bravo to tean evolution X

#11 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (SoDoRo @ Sep 15 2003, 10:59 PM)
Gosh, almost nuked my XBOX with the newversion.
I suggest not, the new version has problems with the FTP.

Can you elaborate a little more?

What problems with the ftp, and how did you almost "nuke" your xbox?

#12 SoDoRo

SoDoRo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 02:45 AM

With v3921b, It can let you connect to your XBOX alright,
but:

1. You cannot access to any directories

2. You will have a VERY HIGH CHANCE fail to transfering any files.

3. A failure of transfering may leave a 0-byte file of the same name to your destination.

After the upgrade, I rewrited my EvoX.ini and sent back, only to have my EvoX.ini erased from my XBOX harddrive.

For a critical bug such as this, I expect a bugfix *very* soon.

#13 wwarneck

wwarneck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 03:08 AM

i'm sure there will be a patch - but considering the evox team isn't being funded to make this stuff, i think the best idea is for us to contribute useful information and be grateful people put their energy into this stuff for us.

#14 prplehz

prplehz

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Interests:Romance, Audio/Video, Computers, Video Games, Skiing, Swimming.

Posted 16 September 2003 - 05:53 AM

This is interesting because I have had no ftp problems at all since the change over. I am using flashfxp and xbox listed below. If it helps anyone any...

#15 wolverinegod

wolverinegod

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 12:54 PM

Gotta stick with heinrich on this one and wait!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users