#1 ndiguy

ndiguy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 16 September 2003 - 10:31 AM

Hello, I have been working and reading on the topic of bios upgading for over 8 hours I know I am doing something wrong.
What I have is an xbox version 1.3
x2.2 lite +
stock cromwell bios.

I have read that I need to put the bios I want on a cdrw. I have done this abot 15 times already I get the message that no bios found halted. I have been using nero to create the disc but I don't know if it is a true iso disc. I don't know what else to do I can't even get the evox dashboard installed nothing is working correctly. In the cromwell bios it says my xbox is version 1.1
When I checked and I am pretty sure it is a 1.2 -1.3 this is a major pain please anyone help this noob thanks
Can the bios be flashed via ftp?
Can I also install all programs via ftp?

Edited by ndiguy, 17 September 2003 - 09:28 AM.

#2 gr8fuldea

gr8fuldea

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 10:39 AM

Did you add a dummy file of between 50-100MB BEFORE the bios.bin file on the CD-RW? This is needed so the xbox can read the small cd-rw content. Name the file something like aaa.zip and burn it with the bios.bin file.

#3 pir8penguin

pir8penguin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 01:47 PM

you need exactly what he said, some random file about 50-60 mb (mine was a zip of a cd rip i'd recently done). make sure your bios file is named bios.bin. also, make sure it's an xiso/craxtion iso file.

#4 nathanrazo

nathanrazo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 05:02 PM

If i get the chameleon modchip is it ok to put the xecuter bios onto it? I just want to make sure I am understanding things correctly. The chameleon comes with the cromwell bios already and my first step is to make an iso to flash that chip to the xecuter bios. Then I install the evox dashboard?

#5 gto65l

gto65l

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 05:11 PM

I had the same problem, write your cd-rw as a data disk, not as a iso. Worked first time for me. Mine worked without a dummy file, but try both ways. Also make sure your cdrw is one that your machine will read.

#6 ndiguy

ndiguy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 September 2003 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (pir8penguin @ Sep 16 2003, 03:47 PM)
you need exactly what he said, some random file about 50-60 mb (mine was a zip of a cd rip i'd recently done). make sure your bios file is named bios.bin. also, make sure it's an xiso/craxtion iso file.

how do you make one of these? xiso/craxtion iso file

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users