35 replies to this topic

#1 Pr0crastin8r

Pr0crastin8r

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 11:36 PM

We had a very exciting development last night. Without going into too much detail on what we are now capable of, we have added the following feature: the kernel will first look for evoxdash.xbe - if it exists on the hard drive then it will boot this first, if it doesn't exist then it will boot xboxdash.xbe. Therefore 100% complete compatibility and functionality with Xbox Live and EvoX dashboards without needing 2 different kernels (This will be compatible with v1 and v1.1 consoles). MANY more exciting and fun new features to be announced (Please Note: due to this development, depending on what features we are able to add this week the kernel may be a lot larger than 256k - but to give you a hint of what the future holds for your favourite kernel - what do you think a kernel.ini on the HD will do for you ?) hehe wink.gif
Umm, how lame is this? First of all, they call this an exciting development? Is this not EXACTLY what superfro did 1+ months ago with yboxdash and evoxdash? Second of all, they are going to piss a lot of people off if they consistently go over 256k. I'd bet that they are only going to put their exclusive features on an inflated kernel so it won't run on matrix chips. I don't see what "features" could really take up enough space to make it go over 256k, but then again I am not a computer science major. How do you feel about this announcement?

#2 kkattfish

kkattfish

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 October 2002 - 11:39 PM

i celebrated the announcment with a strawberry sundae and a 40 oz. of king cobra beerchug.gif

#3 Pr0crastin8r

Pr0crastin8r

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 11:40 PM

mmmmmm

#4 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 12:25 AM

Read what it says.

This is different than what SuperFro did.

SuperFro just looks for ONE dashboard.

This looks for the first of TWO dashboards.

#5 Nailed

Nailed

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 12:39 AM

And that is exciting for what reason, Opjose?

#6 Pr0crastin8r

Pr0crastin8r

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 12:40 AM

If you have superfro's, and you have evoxdash, then you don't need the thing to look for TWO, obviously. You either have evoxdash or you don't, there is no inbetween. The only thing that this announcement is good for is for those people who dont want to flash their own bios (which is oh so easy with the matrix). They still play it out like they're the first ones, of course giving no credit to superfro. Xodus actually does kind of look for two dashes in a way because of the eject-disable feature which makes it boot xboxdash.xbe in an unmodded state, which IMO is 10 times more useful.

#7 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (Nailed @ Oct 28 2002, 11:39 PM)
And that is exciting for what reason, Opjose?

I didn't say exciting, I just said that you didn't read what it says properly.

I'm still trying to figure out what's the big deal though.

#8 snakejoe

snakejoe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 02:38 AM

The reason is not everybody will setup EvoX dashboard on their XBOX.

Because EvoX 2.5 bios only looking for evoxdash.xbe, if user not setup EvoX dashboard, they cannot boot their XBOX. Some people just buy the modchip(or premoded XBOX) for backup playing. In this case, this feature is very useful.

Remember, people here are more advance than normal XBOX player(really??). laugh.gif

#9 bagel5009

bagel5009

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Interests:BANNED
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 October 2002 - 02:40 AM

easier for xblive

#10 Pr0crastin8r

Pr0crastin8r

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 07:16 AM

if you DONT have evoxdash.xbe, then you put evox2.4 on the xodus or evox2.5 w/out ybox/evoxdash. its not a new and useful feature, its just their way of trying to get the one-up on xodus using marketing crap (remember the "no-wire" modchip crap that everybody assumed was no-solder? i really dont agree with x-ecuter's advertising... seems misleading to me.)

#11 stiGGy

stiGGy

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 October 2002 - 09:23 AM

no offence to anyone with a matrix, but i cant see why xecutor should support the matrix, all they have done is leeched xecutors mod in the first place, why support them? uhh.gif and BTW i think it is a slightly useful feature

#12 Drakull

Drakull

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 09:45 AM

ph34r.gif
I find by the contrary that x-ecuter team excitement is justified, as long as they're adding new features not included in the original bios, not only "defeating protections" or changing a couple of chars (xboxdashboard.xbe ... evoxdashboard.xbe.... it's just changing xbo by evo)...
About supporting Matrix... why?? will they pay them for the work?? If you buy a ticket for the theater for seeing a movie... do you think a different theater will let you going in with that ticket just 'cos you pay another one to see an old movie??
Regards,
Drakull muhaha.gif

#13 rjm2k

rjm2k

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (Drakull @ Oct 29 2002, 08:45 AM)
ph34r.gif
I find by the contrary that x-ecuter team excitement is justified, as long as they're adding new features not included in the original bios, not only "defeating protections" or changing a couple of chars (xboxdashboard.xbe ... evoxdashboard.xbe.... it's just changing xbo by evo)...
About supporting Matrix... why?? will they pay them for the work?? If you buy a ticket for the theater for seeing a movie... do you think a different theater will let you going in with that ticket just 'cos you pay another one to see an old movie??
Regards,
Drakull muhaha.gif

This is "exiting" and different to the ybox dash because :-

Ybox only replaces an 'X' with a 'Y' in the bios, this is a fairly simple change to make with a hex editor (remember they don't have the source for the bios)

The new x-ecutor mod goes much further by adding actual code to the existing bios, this is much more difficult than just changing a hex value.

#14 wiseblood

wiseblood

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 10:24 AM

lurk.gif

#15 Potenza

Potenza

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:CARS Racing, Computers and my children
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 October 2002 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (snakejoe @ Oct 29 2002, 01:38 AM)
The reason is not everybody will setup EvoX dashboard on their XBOX.

Because EvoX 2.5 bios only looking for evoxdash.xbe, if user not setup EvoX dashboard, they cannot boot their XBOX. Some people just buy the modchip(or premoded XBOX) for backup playing. In this case, this feature is very useful.

Remember, people here are more advance than normal XBOX player(really??). laugh.gif

Bulls&@"!

If you load the original evox 2.5 bios, without hacks it will work perfectly fine without evolution x dashboard.

If I'm wrong just tell me and I will shut up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users