Mr. Tom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 September 2003 - 10:54 AM

i had a v1.1 xbox, not sure the version dash and all that, i traded it for a v1.3 because i couldnt get any savegame exploits to work with it, and i had just gotten 2 v1.3's to work. i have spent the last 3 days trying every damned savegame there is. nothing works. dont tell me i had a bad savegame, because you would be saying all the savegames on #xbins are bad, all the savegames that worked on every other xbox ive ever touched are bad, every savegame that can be found DOES NOT WORK. i am at the point of crying right now, after modding ALL my friends xboxs, i cant do my own USING THE SAME SAVE GAME FILES ON THE SAME VERSION XBOX WITH THE SAME VERSION DASHBOARD AND KERNAL. i have looked at other exploits, none of them make sense, they all involve ftp'ing this or putting that in whatever directory, but i dont have the ability to ftp ANYTHING to a vbox and how can i put anything in any directory without a damned modchip/flashed tsop/whatever you want to call it. the tutorials ive read on here arent that good, none of them tell you what to do if plan A fails. i have yet to see one that says "if this doesnt work you do this..."

i tried asking for help. a few people tried, but they all know as much as me: it didnt work. beyond that not a single person on this forum can help me.

this is no longer a cry for help, this has become a cry of "holy fuck i just wasted $200 and half a week that i will never get back and now i cant even enjoy playing my xbox"

#2 PC_Arcade

PC_Arcade

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 September 2003 - 12:47 PM

I'm sorry to hear that sad.gif

I had one xbox that I screwed royally doing the 007/PBL mod - I did get it back, but it was a MAJOR pain in the ass, it took about 7 hours and left me with no hair wink.gif

Makes me wonder which tutorial you used, cos the ones I've seen DID have recovery help (none of which incidentally worked for me - I had to do it a different way).

have you tried this?

Edited by PC_Arcade, 17 September 2003 - 01:06 PM.

#3 ThErApIsT

ThErApIsT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 03:34 PM

yeah man sometimes it aint easy,i modded my freinds xbox in 10 minutes...mine took me days...i went thru error codes 13,21 and constant rebooting to finally fix the fucking thing (DAMN YOU BERT AND ERNIE UNRELOADED!)
i dunno dude...if ur using 007,try mech assault,if us using MA,try 007!

#4 arez

arez

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Interests:stuff...with things...an ppl....with those things....in those places....remember?
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 17 September 2003 - 03:54 PM

lol
whatever ur doing...ur either doin it wrong or u need to do somthing else the same way ur doin it tongue.gif
can soem1 help me? tongue.gif
http://forums.xbox-s...T&f=44&t=103957

#5 deflux

deflux

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 04:36 PM

same thing happened to me at first
took me a day or so nonstop fuckin w/ mine
now i have my gamesave and boot drive saved, took 2secs to do a friends xbox smile.gif

#6 Mr. Tom

Mr. Tom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 09:27 PM

ive tried both 007 and MA saves, niether of them worked. this is the 3rd xbox ive done this week, the first one took me an hour (because i had never done a v1.3 before) the second about 10 minutes, and this one im on the 4th day. no matter what savegame i use, i get error 21. i have yet to see one that works on my xbox.

im going to the store and buying a case of mountain dew and going back to work, my original post was just your average no sleep in the last 2 days and its 5am type rant, lol.

once before i had a similar problem, i ended up changing something in the evox.ini file (in the MAwithevoxinstaller savegame) and made it work, but i DONT REMEMBER WHAT :'(

#7 dbznjapan

dbznjapan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 02:16 AM

yep i can't get any saved game exploit to work period whether it be my 1.3 possibly 1.2 or my friends 1.0.......I am seriously beginning to believe all these exploits are hoax and everyone here works for micro$oft and they're fakin it to get people out buying more xboxes.

#8 Mr. Tom

Mr. Tom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 04:19 AM

i know for a fact they work because i used them myself, but they stopped. im clueless.

#9 PC_Arcade

PC_Arcade

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 September 2003 - 06:31 AM

So am I right in thinking that your Xbox will not boot from the HD, but will boot from a Game? Cos if that's the case, It's fixable.

As to the save not working, try this :

Assuming you've already copied over the hacked save to the HD (and not changed it!)
Copy the hacked save to the memory card. (again you've probably already done this)
Load 007 (I've never done it with MA so I can't help with that)
Instead of loading the save from the HD load it from the memory card (this only works if the save is present on the HD as well).
But I've had a situation where this was the ONLY way I could get the 007 savegame to work.

Good luck, let me know what happens

#10 Spree

Spree

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 06:40 AM

I feel your guys pain. I messed up someones box. Looped it. Got the HD unlocked then like an idiot relocked it with a password i would know even though i didn't have the ms password (error 6). I had to resort to a WalMart hot swap. Luckily that worked out. smile.gif

#11 arez

arez

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Interests:stuff...with things...an ppl....with those things....in those places....remember?
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 18 September 2003 - 04:53 PM

AHH! AHHH! Mr.TOM IS ONE OF THEM!
HE WORKS FOR M$ AHHHH! O.O!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! DONT LET HIM GET YOU!

#12 Chicken Scratch Boy

Chicken Scratch Boy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 September 2003 - 07:05 PM

admins should ban arez on the ground s of high stupidity

#13 ThErApIsT

ThErApIsT

X-S Enthusiast