15 replies to this topic

#1 smurfboy

smurfboy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 11:44 PM

Okay my friend came over and wanted to play a game that i had on the harddrive. So he went down the list till he saw the option "Flash BIOS". He thought that was a game and proceeded to erase the bios on my XBOX (which was Xecuter v4977 blue color mod) with the Evox dash i might add. Well it stalled for half an hour on the last 75% of the "erasing process" and so then i turned it off. Now all it does is try to boot three time; the first two boots do nothing, on the third boot it blinks red and green...Oh and i can't open the CD tray to boot from the boot disk i made. So i am royaly screwed.
If anyone has any idea at all of how to fix this problem tell me, or otherwise i have the most expensive paperweight i have ever seen.

Additional info:

EvolutionX Dashboard
Xecuter v 4977 blue color mod
ProjectX HDD Loader
40+ games
please help!!

#2 mastertito4

mastertito4

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 11:45 PM

u need to "hot flash" ur chip (with a friends chip) or buy a programmer

#3 omac

omac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 01:18 AM

I have a big problem!!!

I have an unmodded-unsoldered-unopened xbox and
tried this hack from Mad_Gouki's website
http://quikboard.com/xboxxx/part1.html that lets you install evox on your
xbox without having a moded xbox. Well I installed it and it looked like it worked... for a while but when i put xbmp on it, it never loaded and the ms dash never loads also it always gives

me some error either code 21 or 13 , 14 , anywhy i learned that if you have any xbox live files on your xbox that evox won't work properly, or not at all, so a friend of mine that had a moded xbox (SERGE!!) tried to help i gave him my evox.ini file he config it, it just gave me some more menus, options but the new options did't work so anyway he told me to install the flash bios some acti 12 and something else i don't remember well i installed all 3 things the flash bios the act12

and somting else then i restarted my xbox without any cd and i get an error 13 code, so then i load mechassault in but only to find i have no "run linux" file on my xbox so now i don't have any ftp access and dash i don't have the hack "run linux" i can't get into the ftp to change the files i can't do anyting can sombody that knows what there doing help me please cause if they don't i'll be like the other guy with a "really expensive paperweight"

can't i do somting like load somting from a cd to restore everyting or what? cause again i
have no dashboard i can't get on the ftp to change the files i can't do noting except play retail games

sad.gif unsure.gif uhh.gif HHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 omac

omac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 01:20 AM

I have a big problem!!!

I have an unmodded-unsoldered-unopened xbox and
tried this hack from Mad_Gouki's website
http://quikboard.com/xboxxx/part1.html that lets you install evox on your
xbox without having a moded xbox. Well I installed it and it looked like it worked... for a while but when i put xbmp on it, it never loaded and the ms dash never loads also it always gives

me some error either code 21 or 13 , 14 , anywhy i learned that if you have any xbox live files on your xbox that evox won't work properly, or not at all, so a friend of mine that had a moded xbox (SERGE!!) tried to help i gave him my evox.ini file he config it, it just gave me some more menus, options but the new options did't work so anyway he told me to install the flash bios some acti 12 and something else i don't remember well i installed all 3 things the flash bios the act12

and somting else then i restarted my xbox without any cd and i get an error 13 code, so then i load mechassault in but only to find i have no "run linux" file on my xbox so now i don't have any ftp access and dash i don't have the hack "run linux" i can't get into the ftp to change the files i can't do anyting can sombody that knows what there doing help me please cause if they don't i'll be like the other guy with a "really expensive paperweight"

can't i do somting like load somting from a cd to restore everyting or what? cause again i
have no dashboard i can't get on the ftp to change the files i can't do noting except play retail games

sad.gif unsure.gif uhh.gif HHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 mastertito4

mastertito4

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 01:22 AM

post ur own thread omac, and dont double post

#6 mastertito4

mastertito4

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 01:26 AM

omac u could sell the xbox to me... ill give u 15$ for it!

#7 smurfboy

smurfboy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 01:35 AM

master tito, i have a programmer for my chip, must i simply re-flash the chip? if so that would make my day big time, i just threw my friend out of my house for messin up my xbox. I need to know if it is fixable! thanx...

#8 No_Remorse_666

No_Remorse_666

The Mad Head Modder

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 September 2003 - 01:45 AM

just reprogram it with the programmer, and you should be fine

#9 chinmi

chinmi

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (smurfboy @ Sep 18 2003, 09:35 AM)
master tito, i have a programmer for my chip, must i simply re-flash the chip? if so that would make my day big time, i just threw my friend out of my house for messin up my xbox. I need to know if it is fixable! thanx...

just use the programmer to flash your chip, and your chip is as good as new biggrin.gif

#10 chinmi

chinmi

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (omac @ Sep 18 2003, 09:20 AM)
I have a big problem!!!

I have an unmodded-unsoldered-unopened xbox

get a mod-chip and open it-mod it-solder it biggrin.gif

#11 smurfboy

smurfboy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 03:13 AM

okay i'm trying to use my programmer to flash my Matrix Modchip with EvolutionX v2.5.256k.bin with WinLPC but it gives me an error when it is almost done. Is there another program besides WinLPC i can use to flash my Matrix Modchip?

I am using the Programmer that came WITH the matrix mod chip. If you guys can help in pointing me to "the right places" all i need is a name of a program or some suggestions on what i might be doing wrong.

#12 smurfboy

smurfboy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 03:20 AM

i dont know if this would help at all, but the light on my modchip (while it is plugged into the programmer) is red. Should'nt it be green or something?

#13 smurfboy

smurfboy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 10:46 PM

Alright here is a quick update on my condition AND what i have done to this point:

I have succefuly re-programmed my Matrix mod chip and have it aligned correctly (it is still in the intial dip switch position, 1 & 2 are on) - i don't know if this matters.

I booted my xbox with everything connected and it sits there until it gives me an error screen. error 16. (i thought because this is not a new hard drive that just the reprogramming the chip would fix it.)

I remembered i had an Evox Boot disk i had made and followed the directions to a "T" but still i get error 16.

Note: A good colleague of mine originally programmed my mod chip. When i re-programmed the chip it never asked to erase anything that was on there. Also i don't know what bios he originally programmed it with. I found the .bin file for an evox bios (EvolutionX v2.5.256k.bin) but does it matter if it isn't the same as before, because i don't know what he used for the bios.

I LAST flashed the bios with file Xecuter2_4977_Blue_Noani_256k.bin, that was awhile before the whole retard+xbox= screwed. If this is what i need to have programmed on my chip please tell me.

Also one more question. Is it possible to reformat the hard drive and still have the xbox recognize it? i recently came across slayer's latest release of the auto install cd. Have any of you used it and/or recommend it or something else?

Thanx for all your patronage. This site is an awesome place becuase of people like you that help. I hope i learn enough from your posts so that i may further join the effort of de-noobization. Thanks again for all the help!

#14 smurfboy

smurfboy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 05:10 PM

doesn't anyone have ANY kind of advise?!! sad.gif

#15 omac

omac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 02:54 AM

re:
http://forums.xbox-s...=0

okay how and where do i get a programmer for my unmoded unopened unsodered xbox, and how do you re-flash an xbox that hasn't been moded more importantly how do i do any of this if i can't run the "run linux" hack file or have no dash on my xbox??

can somebody help please !!!!!!! sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users