• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 obitus

obitus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 06:45 AM

You're easily the number 1 emulator dev on Xbox, and the interfaces that come with all of your emulators are excellent, so.... I just wanted to know if you have any Amiga emulators in your future, or have considered it? UAEX is out there, though it's a tad messy and contains none of the features you inbuild as standard in all of your emu releases. Apart from that, a port of "Project Tempest" the first and probably only jaguar emulator would go down a treat. I'm psyched for a bit of jeff minter tempest 2000 action. smile.gif
Anyway, good work, everyone appreciates the extra effort you go to in order to make your emulators great to use.

#2 Dahak

Dahak

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 September 2003 - 06:52 AM

From the general FAQ at xport's homepage:

Q: Are you going to port KIAME or port a SNES emulator or port "MY_FAVORITE_EMU"???

A: Firstly, when I think about doing a brand new project, I think about something that I would have at least a slight interest in playing. I don't like fighting games and I don't like FPS games. Second, I try to refrain from doing what has already been done. Why in the world would anyone ask me to port a SNES emulator? What else could you want from XSnes9X?

Finally, it really makes absolutely no difference to me how many people "would love" to see a certain platform emulated. I ignore all requests for new projects so don't even bother asking. You're wasting your breath. That may sound brusque, but I would really like to make this notion stick.

#3 Suikodan

Suikodan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 04:13 PM

When you get free stuff from people who are actually working for free, the best thing you can do (besides thanking the person) is to leave the person alone. (Read: STFU)

Unless that person is asking for bugs and stuff to update of course.

But otherwise, you can play lots of free stuff already, you really need more?

#4 Sir Auros

Sir Auros

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 04:26 PM

Why in the world would anyone ask me to port a SNES emulator? What else could you want from XSnes9X?

An interface that doesn't suck ass? Really, that's what I want an Xport version of Snes9x for, because his interfaces are all comprehensive and easy to use.

#5 cainedna

cainedna

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 September 2003 - 04:35 PM

An interface that doesn't suck ass? Really, that's what I want an Xport version of Snes9x for, because his interfaces are all comprehensive and easy to use.

I'm a fan of Xport's interfaces, but I have absolutely no idea what's wrong with the one for SNES9X. It's pretty similar to EvoX, with submenus, and music.

Nor does it justify the effort required, if you really want moving sprites dancing abuot while selecting the ROM files, put the effort in yourself.

Honestly. Xport has done nothing but shock me with the kick-ass work he releases weekly, sometimes daily. It's not like we don't all have stuff we'd love to see happen, but it's all been mentioned, and either Xport or someone else will either port it, or not.

#6 yodanut

yodanut

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 06:45 PM

xSNES9x's interface is fine, if not as flashy as Xport's emus. What really irks me is the lack of graphics filters. We get either blur-o-vision or incorrectly sharpened. I'd like to see an Xport version of SNES9x just for the graphics filters, plain and simple.

#7 Sir Auros

Sir Auros

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 06:49 PM

I don't care about the sprites or how the background looks (as it is, I never use Xport's own skins for his emus), but rather the menu options available. I don't use xsnes9x anymore in favor of Snes9x X (which gives me the filter options I need for performance, but has the hardest to read menus ever). I think either emu needs work.

EDIT
What really irks me is the lack of graphics filters. We get either blur-o-vision or incorrectly sharpened.
That's what bothers me about the interface, there are hardly any options for improving the performance.

Edited by Sir Auros, 18 September 2003 - 06:51 PM.

#8 Bender_Unit_1

Bender_Unit_1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 07:06 PM

Lantus has been working on updating xsnes9x, which is already an amazing emulator and as xport said; what more can you need?! I don't know why you're bitching so much.
A better interface? I like the interface. It's simple, and to the point. All I want to do select my roms and play, which is exactly what I can do. And speaking of which, xsnes9x has practically 100% compatibility. I have yet to find a game that doesn't work. You want a graphic filter? Well that's just you bitching and being finiky. However, when lantus is satisfied with his next release of xsnes9x, it will include a graphic filter. Advancemame2x, I believe.

-Bender

#9 Keito-Kun

Keito-Kun

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Interests:日本
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 September 2003 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (yodanut @ Sep 18 2003, 08:45 PM)
xSNES9x's interface is fine, if not as flashy as Xport's emus. What really irks me is the lack of graphics filters. We get either blur-o-vision or incorrectly sharpened. I'd like to see an Xport version of SNES9x just for the graphics filters, plain and simple.

Bah. Lantus is working on it, the next version will have it, just wait.

#10 yodanut

yodanut

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 08:17 PM

Didn't mean to disrespect Lantus at all. I really like xSNES9x. I just wish it had more graphics filter options. If the next release does add AdvanceMAME2x, then all will be right with the SNES emu world...

#11 Sir Auros

Sir Auros

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (Bender_Unit_1 @ Sep 18 2003, 04:06 PM)
Lantus has been working on updating xsnes9x, which is already an amazing emulator and as xport said; what more can you need?! I don't know why you're bitching so much.

And speaking of which, xsnes9x has practically 100% compatibility. I have yet to find a game that doesn't work. You want a graphic filter? Well that's just you bitching and being finiky. However, when lantus is satisfied with his next release of xsnes9x, it will include a graphic filter. Advancemame2x, I believe.

Well, we've already pointed out what more we could need - graphics filters.

Why is it being bitchy and finicky (the correct spelling) when we want an emu to work?
100% compatibility? Yeah, that's great, too bad some games don't run at 100% speed.

I appreciate the effort he's putting into making an emulator, but it does need work in certain areas and that's why people would like it it Xport did a version of Snes9x.

EDIT - Another nice addition to the interface would be to allow users to change the rompath in the emu instead of having to ftp a new .ini whenever we move things around. Also, implementing the sticks and black and white buttons like Xport's emulators would be useful...

Edited by Sir Auros, 18 September 2003 - 08:21 PM.

#12 GLiTcH

GLiTcH

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 September 2003 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Keito-Kun @ Sep 18 2003, 09:07 PM)
QUOTE (yodanut @ Sep 18 2003, 08:45 PM)

Bah. Lantus is working on it, the next version will have it, just wait.

been waiting all yr .. damn i have to put my own cry smilie .. user posted image we'll probably c a new version of fbaX b4 xsnes9x user posted image user posted image user posted image

Edited by GLiTcH, 18 September 2003 - 08:31 PM.

#13 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 September 2003 - 09:13 PM

Xport is right, XSNES9X is practically perfect and graphics filters are on the way.
It's systems like the Amiga that I almost wish there wasn't an emu for... I can just imagine all the config file options right there in the GUI. Since some games run better with more power to the CPU and others with more to the chipset (UAE fans will know what I mean ^_~) you could set the perfect value for each individual game. Plus all the standard Xport features that UAE-X will never even come close to. I'm sure the UAE-X author is very skilled, but let's face it, Xport he ain't.

Just look at WinSTon... the Amiga was the far superior machine but the ST gets such an awesome emu port. It makes me sad that we'll never have an Amiga emu that good. sad.gif

#14 lantus

lantus

X-S Genius

• PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 September 2003 - 10:07 PM

yes a range of software/hardware filters will be in the next version

glitch - xSnes9x will be released before the next FBAx

#15 mikejf

mikejf

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 10:41 PM

Lantus, Think you could put a "search for your own codes" menu in there, the gamegenie codes I find stink.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users