2 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis

Dennis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 01:34 PM

Hy there!

I already searched a lot of websites and looked around in your forum but since now I did not find an answear to my question. Maybe the fact that I am german made my search a little difficult.

Heres ist what I am lookig for:

I want to make a little file server with all the backups of my dvds on (images, rips, ... i donīt know yet). Now I want to play these files with my XBox by connecting it with the PC by network. So far it should not be a problem. I could use the typical media player.

But I would love to see a menü where I can see a small scrennshot of the movie (or the cover) and a small description of the movie. Just like a little library that i can search and scroll.

Do you now what I mean?

Maybe my girlfriend sits on the couch an wants to watcht a movie, so I can just giver her the remote control and zap threw the movies.

Would be nice if you could help me.

Maybe there is a link to the software or a link to someone who has already done that.

A BIG THANK YOU!!!!

#2 Cartman40

Cartman40

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 03:02 PM

Use a program called Relax on your PC (you can find it on this page http://www.xbox-scen....page=streaming).

With XBMP on oyour Xbox and files shared on Relax you can do exactly as you describe in your post. You can have pictures for each file icon, and press a button to see the movie description from IMDB and the poster. Very sweet!

Follow the tutorials to set this up correctly as it takes a fair amount of tweaking to get it set up correctly.

Edited by Cartman40, 18 September 2003 - 03:03 PM.

#3 Dennis

Dennis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 03:44 PM

Thanks! I will check that tool out....

Looks like it could be exactly what I have been looking for.

Thanks!

By the way how should I backup my dvds than? As an Image File?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users