• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 1Blink8Fan2

1Blink8Fan2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 07:36 PM

I have my xbox modded and own about 10 games that have backed up onto my xbox just to save time from loading the discs. My question is, about this new security measure, I've heard that once you put a certain game in, it will update your dashboard file and then you can't run a game from your HD. Is this true and if so, what games have this? I heard it was just MS produced/developed games and then I heard it was games with the XBOX LIVE compatibility. I bought ESPN NFL 2K4 the day it came out, and was putting it on my hd, it got to about 97% done and it said updating dashboard.xbe so I turned the power off. But to my surprise, it still put the working version of the game on my HD... any ideas???

#2 mastertito4

mastertito4

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 07:50 PM

if ur using a chip then u shouldnt have a problem, its if ur using an exploit that ur gonna have some trouble

if ur using a chip then simply boot up ur boot disk and reinstall ur evox

not sure about that game deal, but maybe the last few files werent necessary

ur dash will be upgraded automatically if u press the xbox live tab on any game, u dont even need to be connected to the internet for this to happen

#3 1Blink8Fan2

1Blink8Fan2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 03:00 AM

LoL, sorry to sound completely stupid, but what do you mean by exploit. See, I have like 10 games that I got before I had my xbox modded, and now that I have my box modded I have added them successfully to my HD with no problem. Now, I have heard that there is something on new discs that when you put the game in, it updates all of your files thus making it where you can't load games from your hd. Is this true and if so, what games have this? I am running X-ecutor 2.1 lite I believe it is and I'm not sure what version of EvoX. Do you think my Xbox will be ok?!? Cuz' now I'm worried!!! unsure.gif

#4 gto65l

gto65l

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 04:20 AM

I haven't heard of any games that will do this. I have many new games loaded (not espn 2004 however) without a single problem. If you have access to ftp or have a evox boot disc then I would let it install. Worse comes to worse you will have to reinstall evox. But I don't believe you will have to do it. Don't worry about your system it will be fine. BTW you don't have an exploit, exploits are for nonmodded systems. Its another of hacking an xbox without using a modchip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users