#1 TymeRogue

TymeRogue

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 September 2003 - 01:36 AM

Is it possible to have one XBox able to stream from multiple Xstream servers?

Basically I have three computers that I want to stream to the XBox. One is my roomates eMac (eww!) and I'm in the prosses of tring to get that to do smb share. The other two are what's giving me the conflict, my computer and my roomates, both PCs. I can have the XBox read for music from both, but once it's read from one, it won't read from the other for that type of media. So, If I try to look at what music is on computer A before computer B, I can't see computer B. However, if I restart XMBP, I can do it the other way around.

I tried to install ccxstream on my computer, but that doesn't seem to like to work.

Any suggestions?

#2 Grammaton

Grammaton

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 02:10 AM

I had this exact same problem and no one gave me an answer, but after some playing around, I found a solution. This only happened when I was running XBMP 2.4, so I would suggest either using XBMP 2.3 or using the latest CVS release. I think the latest CVS is better than 2.3. The only problem I have had with the latest CVS (and all 2.4 for that matter) is that when I zoom in on pictures, it not only zooms but also turns it upside down.

#3 TymeRogue

TymeRogue

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 02:22 AM

Ha ha ha!

Alright. I'll have to check it out.

Edit: ...and when I do, each Xstream server is gonna need it's own port, right?

Edited by TymeRogue, 19 September 2003 - 02:24 AM.

#4 Grammaton

Grammaton

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 03:14 AM

Not really sure about using Xstream. I use Relax, so I am not to sure how Xstream works, but if it is anything like Relax, just use the default port for all of them. If that doesn't work, of course, then try it with different ports. And if this still doesn't work, then you could try using Relax.

#5 TymeRogue

TymeRogue

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 03:27 AM

Xstream is the protocol that RelaX uses. I'm using RelaX.

And that's all it needed... a CVS update. Sweet! Thanks for the help!

CCXstream is still being a pain. I don't really need it anymore, but some say it is better than Xstream. Maybe I'll still play around with it.

#6 CubeD

CubeD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 September 2003 - 07:31 AM

I use Relax and that program is exremely easy to use. All I know is how to give XBMP the address to my local computer and it will play from there. I say just edit the config.xml ato where it will read more than 1 address (to my knowledge there is no limit).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users