12 replies to this topic

#1 zenjosh66

zenjosh66

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 03:08 AM

recently had a pogo pin that wouldnt sit right, seemed no mater what i did it wouldnt stay tight against the damn board... whats worse is i could push on it lightly and get the damn thing to work... and whenever i could, by the way of a miracle, get it to hold down right... it would start with the christmass lights again not to soon after.

so after a while i finally devised a trick, better then the lego Idea... and using the dog peice from the monopoly game idea too.... both of which didnt work for me.

i glued pennys into a stack (bout 4 er 5) and then glued paper around them in case they might conduct electricity (who knows!) and placed that stack between the pogo pin and the modchip that sits on it... making a more stable base to apply presure evenly. (more specifically over the reverside side of the golden pins...) i then proceded to glue another stack of pennies together... put that stack on top of the modchip right above the first stack... adding a penny one at a time untill the DVD-rom would apply pressure by sitting on top of it. i screwed it down... and it worked.

I wasn't satisfyed with this... so i picked the XBox up and gave it a fairly violent shake, and the connection stayed... i then let it bang onto the table with a *light drop... connection stayed.

the reason the other two ideas didnt work is because i beleive there might be small diferences in the clearence room above the chip from xbox to xbox... and without the first stack of pennies between pogo and modchip, it was a very unbalanced structure to apply pressure two.

Mod cost: 12 cents

sounds pretty dumb i know, but just in case anyone else had the problem and didnt want to waste another 30 bucks, might even work with stripped screw holes if your precise

Edited by zenjosh66, 19 September 2003 - 03:08 AM.

#2 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 September 2003 - 04:58 AM

damn, all that trouble that could have been solved by just buying one you solder... dry.gif

#3 zenjosh66

zenjosh66

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE (lookformeb @ Sep 19 2003, 05:58 AM)
damn, all that trouble that could have been solved by just buying one you solder...  dry.gif

first you have to ask yourself a question, do i have a soldering iron, well... do ya punk?

/clint eastwood

dont have a sodering iron? well theres money youd have to spend, on top of soder... flux. then theres the problem of getting good at sodering, or at least confident enough to not sodersplash.

this is a good fix for non-soder people who got the pogo cause they cant soder or dont have the means. plus theres really no risk in damaging your xbox, on top of its cheap... and alot easier then yoiu think.

glue pennies together, put them in place.... wow, thats a toughie!

and being in the xecuter forum youd know that all the xecuters come with the stuff to soder already, so i did buy the one to soder... sleeping.gif

Edited by zenjosh66, 19 September 2003 - 05:14 AM.

#4 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (zenjosh66 @ Sep 19 2003, 01:13 AM)
and being in the xecuter forum youd know that all the xecuters come with the stuff to soder already, so i did buy the one to soder...  sleeping.gif

When you learn how to spell solder (even after editing your thread), i will pay more attention to you... until then, your ghetto "trick" sounds like a great way to fuck things up. sleeping.gif

Oh, and it's obviously apparent that you've never seen the package for a X2.2 Lite +. IF you had, you would know it does NOT come with ANYTHING to SOLDER. That's right, not a SINGLE damn wire! Look below you little inbred punk... sleeping.gif

user posted image

#5 zenjosh66

zenjosh66

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 10:51 PM

ok... thanks for the comedy!

if you read the post, you would have noticed the mention of placing the stack inbetween the modchip and the pogo... hmmm, thats not possible on the lite, since they are one and the same. laugh.gif

and all the pro's come with soder (laugh.gif) wires and all you need.

this *inbred punk is done responding to your useless posts, im a little busy actually offering up help to people rather then being a spelling teacher and *trying to insult people.

rolleyes.gif

#6 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 01:19 AM

alright, glad you're done since you never specifically said which chip you were gluing those damn pennies to. afterall, if you want to put down specifics, you better be specific. you said they ALL came with wires for soldering and guess what, they dont... just like i said above.

ignorance... goddamn i hate it when people like you got to much of it

Edited by lookformeb, 20 September 2003 - 01:20 AM.

#7 NghtShd

NghtShd

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Trying to think of absolutely nothing for extended periods.
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 September 2003 - 01:24 AM

i glued pennys into a stack (bout 4 er 5) and then glued paper around them in case they might conduct electricity (who knows!)

Yeah, who knows if copper and aluminum might conduct electricity? Somebody should do a study and find out. tongue.gif

#8 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 01:34 AM

lmao, i never heard of that shit before. there's no way in hell that they would conduct electricity. and we all know how well paper shields electricity.... dry.gif

#9 A@ron

A@ron

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 September 2003 - 04:09 AM

Ive used self stick rubber feet that they sell at Menards and True Value to put pressure on the chip from the dvd drive. Worked like a charm and is cheap (well not pennies cheap) and sure as hell won't conduct electricity.

A@ron

#10 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 04:39 AM

nice one there... i think i'm "rich" enough to afford that shit.... idk, 12 pennies is a lot though

#11 turn0038

turn0038

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 24 September 2003 - 11:36 PM

hmmm... seems to me like the original poster had a clever idea and decided to share it with the rest of the class. Let's be respectful.

turn0038

#12 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 11:38 PM

i'm sorry but who are you? dont preach to me about respect. dry.gif

#13 turn0038