Photo

All Game Less Than 4.7gb Can Burn Straight To Dvd?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sinshixxi

sinshixxi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 05:09 AM

I know for backing-up games on HD, it may require patching for some games. But, how about to burn on DVD-R? all games under 4.7gb can burn without patching?

One more question, i try to search how to burn Enter the Matrix to DVD but all posts talking about how to backup on HD, so this game cannot burn to DVD (4.76gb > 4.7gb)? ph34r.gif

#2 markjaquith

markjaquith

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 05:16 AM

I'm not an expert at this, by any means (burning games... don't have a DVD burner) but I KNOW that Enter the Matrix does NOT fit onto one DVD. You have to split it onto two. There was a lot of talk about this. Search!

#3 rahula

rahula

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Interests:boose,food and chicks. Yeah Xbox too..
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 September 2003 - 05:20 AM

yes. pretty sure to burn into a dvd-r if the size is less than 4.7G. Matrix, MGS2 game etc wont fit into the dvd-r because they are 5G to 9 G in sizes. However, Matrix is different, since you can choose two characters naromi and ghost, you can split the game disc into two with one charactor each. anyway, this is old news.

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,751 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 September 2003 - 05:47 PM

1: yes, copies on dvd need patching as well

2: they have to be made into an ISOm then the ISO burned to dvd so the xbox can read it (use craxtion, www.craxtion.com)

3: large games can usually be cut down to a smaller size, there are 2 ways to do it with ETM, either remove a few of the larger cutscenes (being sure to leave a smaller video file withthe same filename in its place) or cut into 2 disks, there are MANY tutorials on both of those

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users