43 replies to this topic

#1 MrSelfDestruct

MrSelfDestruct

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 07:56 PM

My xbox is at a friend of mines, and he is in the process of installing a new, 120 gig samsung HDD. My xbox is modded using the 007 audio glitch mod, and the phoenix bios loader, so I dont have a mod chip.

He was installing the xbox today, and he ran into a problem. I had him write a me a small desription of what he was doing, and why it didnt work.

I got an error 6 when loading with the
120 hdd in ur box.  I put it on my box, ran config
magic, and wrote down the unique hdd key.  I ran ur
box with original hdd, ran config magic, and did on
the fly eeprom editing and changed the unique hdd key
to the one i wrote down.  Tried booting with 120 gig
hdd and got error 6, tried botting with original hdd
and got error 6.

He tells me that the only way to get around the problem is to buy a modchip, or to flash the TSOP (but he said he had never done that before, and it requires soldering, so I dont think thats the best idea). Is this true? I thought it was possible to get a bigger HDD without a modchip. So...is there any way to get around this problem without having to buy a chip?

Edited by MrSelfDestruct, 21 September 2003 - 05:29 AM.

#2 MrSelfDestruct

MrSelfDestruct

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 10:04 PM

cmon...anyone?

Maybe this is posted in the wrong forum

#3 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 September 2003 - 11:54 PM

The guy that is doing it for you is an idiot. You DO need a chip now. Your unmodded box will never boot up without a hacked bios now that he UNLOCKED the HD.

Edited by BCfosheezy, 20 September 2003 - 11:54 PM.

#4 MrSelfDestruct

MrSelfDestruct

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 12:00 AM

ahh man, are you serious.

I mean, I didnt take my box to a proffesional or anything, so I wasnt totally expecting everything to work out PERFECT the first time, but damn.

So how SHOULD it have been done? what did he do wrong, just so I can tell him, so he doesnt do it in the future. any help would be greatly appreciated

Edited by MrSelfDestruct, 21 September 2003 - 12:20 AM.

#5 regulater7

regulater7

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 02:14 AM

fucking, just flash the tsop with 007 trick, its a free mod chip.. if u have the game... or rent it.. 5$ modchip. tongue.gif

#6 MrSelfDestruct

MrSelfDestruct

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (regulater7 @ Sep 21 2003, 04:14 AM)
fucking, just flash the tsop with 007 trick, its a free mod chip.. if u have the game... or rent it.. 5$ modchip. tongue.gif

so are you saying I DONT have to buy a modchip after all?

If not, then please explain exactly how I can fix the problem I have (error 06)

#7 Sidewinder007z

Sidewinder007z

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 06:39 AM

Well here is what I have done/he should have done when upgrading the HD.

1) First install the xploits on the original stock hd.
Test it and make sure it boots with the Phoenix Loader/or the Audio Xploit if you want that.

2) By some method....Hotswap/HDUNLOCK unlock your original hd and us a program
to bit copy all its info to the new HD.

3) Lock the new HD using the lock info from the original.

This is how I upgraded 4 xboxes to bigger HD. Its all in the tutorials here
that explain it MUCH better than I just did.

Good Luck!

#8 RiceCake

RiceCake

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:Wait, what the hell?<br />Your interested in what I do?<br />None of your damn buisness!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 September 2003 - 07:02 AM

What did he do wrong?

Well he changed your HDD key to his HDD key, and because the 120Gb isn't locked, and the original has a different key, its fucked!

Your only hope now is to mod it or to lock your original/120Gb with his key (With the 120Gb you'd need to use HDD Driver or similar to copy over the dashboard).

I got an error 6 when loading with the
120 hdd in ur box.

Its not locked, DUH...

I put it on my box, ran config
magic, and wrote down the unique hdd key.

Thats his EEPROM HDD key, pfft!

I ran ur box with original hdd, ran config magic, and did on
the fly eeprom editing and changed the unique hdd key
to the one i wrote down.

He changed your EEPROM to his EEPROM, big mistake, should do it to the (Ahem) hard drives not the EEPROM...

Tried booting with 120 gig
hdd and got error 6, tried botting with original hdd
and got error 6.

Well the 120Gb's not locked, and the original now has a mismatched key, doofus...

#9 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 September 2003 - 02:01 PM

All these guys are telling you right. This kid should have never taken this job on. The original bios is loaded when u boot, regardless of your "soft mod". This means that in order to upgrade your hdd, your new hd has to be locked with the same password as the one you're trying to replace. (that password is stored on the mobo on the eeprom) He tried to change the eeprom password to the one on your 120 gig. The only problem is, the 120 gig isn't locked (doesn't have a password) by default so it couldn't change the password to that. Now the xbox frags because the password is for neither hd.

You only have 1 option now. You MUST put a chip in to fix this as it is the only way to load a hacked bios. (a hacked bios does not look for hd passwords unless the drive is already locked.)
The guy that was talking about doing the 007 mod to flash your tsop is a moronical bastard because you have to be able to boot and go to 007 to be able to do that. You can't even boot so to suggest that was ignorant.

Future advice:
Yeah those exploits are cool but they are not for noobs. Just put a chip in from now on or have someone flash your tsop because this way you do not have to "sign" every piece of software you want to run. It is much easier to have a hacked bios load from the start rather than to do it the way you tried.

Edited by BCfosheezy, 21 September 2003 - 02:03 PM.

#10 MrSelfDestruct

MrSelfDestruct

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 02:05 PM

The guy that was talking about doing the 007 mod to flash your tsop is a moronical bastard because you have to be able to boot and go to 007 to be able to do that. You can't even boot so to suggest that was ignorant.

Yea, I didnt think that would be possible.

Ok, well thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. So you say my only option is to get a modchip (and I bet that is the case)

Rice cake said
Your only hope now is to mod it or to lock your original/120Gb with his key (With the 120Gb you'd need to use HDD Driver or similar to copy over the dashboard).

Is what he said right? IS there infact another option other than buying a chip?

Edited by MrSelfDestruct, 21 September 2003 - 02:10 PM.

#11 exiled350

exiled350

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (BCfosheezy @ Sep 21 2003, 04:01 PM)
This means that in order to upgrade your hdd, your new hd has to be locked with the same password as the one you're trying to replace. (that password is stored on the mobo on the eeprom) He tried to change the eeprom password to the one on your 120 gig.

i dont belive that is true. i think the way it works is the eeprom is used to calc a password on the fly using several things inc the hdd serial and xbox serial. you have to use liveinfo with your eeprom that should have been extracted before you started. then liveinfo calculated the password to lock the new hdd with. theroeticaly if you have the eeprom from the broken box you could get the key back from the orig hdd and relock it with the right password.

#12 MrSelfDestruct

MrSelfDestruct

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (exiled350 @ Sep 21 2003, 04:17 PM)
theroeticaly if you have the eeprom from the broken box you could get the key back from the orig hdd and relock it with the right password.

Really.....

So that would fix the 120 gig HDD to work with the xbox, without a modchip, right?

#13 exiled350

exiled350

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 03:21 PM

did you make a backup using evox b4 all this happened? if you did then there should be a folder named backup somewhere with a couple files including the eeprom and the hdd key. if you can get to this then you are good. if you dont have any of this i think you are screwed. but, if you had the key to unlock the orig hdd in the first place you should still have it to relock it.

#14 MrSelfDestruct

MrSelfDestruct

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 03:32 PM

yes,
Before he took out my original HDD, he went into evox, and hit the backup:) button. He then took those files and put them on a CD-R.

So....could you please be so kind as to explain exactly how to fix this problem with that backed up CD-R. I would REALLY appreciate it

#15 exiled350

exiled350

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 03:45 PM

good. the orignal hdd is unlocked right? and it was working correctly b4 he started to mess with it? follow this guide and that will get you back on track. you can also use live info with your eeprom to get the orignal hdd key to relock it so it works again incase of an emergency.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users