ChikLetZ

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Halo and teh pr0n lol
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 September 2003 - 07:56 PM

Ok, i've been trying to do this for the last 6 hours and its starting to bug me, i followed everything right then i tried to lock the hardrives after i copyed them in ghost but no matter what i try it says device is not ready. i can't lock the 8 gig or the 80gig and when i tried to put them in my xbox they give me a error 05! what is wrong, can u help me????

#17 ChikLetZ

ChikLetZ

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Halo and teh pr0n lol

Posted 27 September 2003 - 12:51 PM

Ok, sorry to double post but i finally got the drives to lock and i locked the 8gig first to make sure it would work, put it in the xbox and it worked fine. But then i locked the 80gig and it says Done! so i took it out, put it on Cable Select popped it in the xbox and booted up and i got error 06. So i read the tutorial and it said if i get this error to repeat steps 16-20 so i unlocked, disabled, re-ghosted and then locked but i still get error 06 when i put it in the xbox!What do the drives have to be set on when i ghost??(ex 1.master 2.cable select or something) Can someone please help me????

#18 Sottilde

Sottilde

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 08:35 PM

When in ghost, it does not matter. However, in the xbox, it MUST be 'cable select'.

#19 Cutriss

Cutriss

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 October 2003 - 10:29 PM

Err...okay.

So, I did the EvoX backup on my original HD, ran LiveInfo on the new disk, all is good.

I pull the computer apart, remove my cables, and plug in the Xbox HD as Master on IDE 0, and and the new HD as Master on IDE 1. No other devices present.

I boot off a floppy, run ATAPWD, and I only see the new HD. I reboot, look in the BIOS. It shows up there. Try ATAPWD again...and the Xbox HD still doesn't even show. I run hdunlock as well, just to see if it's a glitch with ATAPWD, but that also reports that the drive is MIA.

Using Cable Select instead of Master changes nothing.

The mobo I'm running on is an Intel P3 board...815E I think. I remember reading bits about 820/815 chipsets not liking ATAPWD very much. Could this be my problem?

I'm gonna put my work computer back together and try this on my Athlon at home. Hopefully that fixes things.

#20 Sottilde

Sottilde

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 11:54 PM

Sorry about the late response, haven't checked this in ages. Honestly, I haven't an idea why it wouldn't see it. Perhaps trying another boot disk (the ghost one seems to work most often) might fix it.

#21 azanboyz

azanboyz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 03:19 AM

Why it seem some people having alot of problem with there Hard drive upgrade? well I have a problem too in the beginning of using hddr driver and the hex ediitor program, The problem is I load the wrong eeprom and it give me the wrong pass word to my 120 gig dirve, so whan I go and use that pass word to lock my drive it said done and it show it lock and everything but whan I put in my xbox it would not work, it took me three day or more with less than 5hrs of sleep a night to finally figured it out because of me loading a wrong EEPROM, I think the problem is that I did not follow the instuction hard enought!!!, But now everything is so simple and easy, I been doing this hard drive upgrade and a software mod thing for alot of my friend already!!!!
Am glads I found this site and this forum, the peoples here are real hepls!!!
Thank to them now I could watch all my Animes on my Xbox, I dont care to much about playing game or copy xbox games, All I care for was to use my xbox to watch my Animes!!! biggrin.gif Well I have not try to do the clone hard drive using norton Ghost yet, but it sound easy than what I been Throught, so I might go buy another harddrive and try it with Norton Ghost!!!! Thank XBOX- SCENE!!!! love.gif

#22 Thing2

Thing2

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 06:05 AM

Yes...thanks indeed....

Here's what I'd like to know....

Is it possible to do this using the bert and ernie exploit? (Through Mechassault) and the newest EvoX?

Anyone?

PS: I dont know how/want to solder in order to flash the bios to a new Evox one...anyone know a way to flash the bios with software also? Without having to solder anything...?

#23 af12345

af12345

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 06 December 2003 - 10:07 PM

Recently installed a new harddrive following similar lines of this tutorial.

Few things I did different:

- Never used hddisabl.exe on the original harddrive, i just ghosted the original drive to the source drive after using just hdunlock. That way when I powered down, the original was locked again... without the worry of possibly having trouble relocking (as some people mention in these forums).

- I was unable at first to relock my drive with hdlock.exe. Every time I went to lock it, I got a + under the E in atapwd, but not the L. I eventually tried unlockx, which did the same thing as atapwd, except that it said that I need to restart the computer before locking will take place. So I restarted... and checked atapwd, and it was locked biggrin.gif

So I imagine that second point is a potential solver for those that are having trouble relocking their original drive. Btw, I used a WD400EB... which is the same as the stock western digital drive, except with 32GB more.

#24 Enygma

Enygma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 11:58 PM

How important is it to zero the first 4096 sectors of the new hard drive? I assume that Ghost would overwrite those sectors anyway, right?

#25 Sottilde

Sottilde

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 03:15 PM

You are correct. I removed that step.

Thanks for the pointers, af12345. I will add them.

There is often the problem with the wrong eeprom being used. If you cannot seem to get the new HD to unlock in the xbox, then your eeprom may be wrong. There are sometimes issues with evox giving the wrong eeprom. To my experience the 007 hack gives the correct eeprom while the audio/font hack does not (anyone confirm this?). If one hack gives you the wrong key, try a different hack.

#26 Sottilde

Sottilde

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 07:36 PM

More additions.

#27 Sottilde

Sottilde

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 02:39 AM

Bumpzor!

#28 CarCrashClutter

CarCrashClutter

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Accomplished bass player. Jackie Chan fan. The Simpsons, the Shield.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 February 2004 - 10:51 PM

Great tutorial... now if only I wasn't such a hardware puss and my XBOX tech wasn't MIA. If I tried this I know for a fact I'd fuck it up.

#29 Gn0ver

Gn0ver

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 07:01 AM

When in ghost with the ghost.exe /ir ..... could I also say Disk -> to Image ... and will it work?

#30 blackchild1101

blackchild1101

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 May 2004 - 11:38 AM

this shoould be pinned

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users