Chicken Scratch Boy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 31 December 2003 - 03:14 AM

here are my suggestions:

1. NEVER use hddisabl... if you dont reboot, just run ghost it shouldn't lose the max security lock, thus locks on power cycle, and so after you are done, the drive relocks and you are good to go

2. use unlockx to relock, it logs the stuff, aslong as the disk isn't write protected, so you dont need to shit your self doing 50 million rechecks of the key

3. go into more detail on what the hdd locking is about, is really messed me up. talk about max lock, the xbox key and that you cant unlock afterwards if you dont have the key

#32 Sottilde

Sottilde

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 07:34 PM

bump biggrin.gif

#33 Sottilde

Sottilde

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 02:39 AM

Bumpz0r numero dos! biggrin.gif

#34 ally-mcbeal

ally-mcbeal

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 04:54 PM

I used unlockx for locking/unlocking and winhex to clone the drive, and live info to generate keys, everything worked great for me on 2 1.4/1.5 boxes.

I really like how unlockx save logs of all the keys you enter not just the last one smile.gif

#35 ct8055

ct8055

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 06:08 AM

Great tutorial. Finally bit the bullet and cracked open my case to put in an 80 gig drive. Followed your steps, and it worked the first time.

Thanks.

Ct

#36 Dai_UK

Dai_UK

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 05:50 AM

Ok does anyone know if mxm backs up the bios correctly when using morden's audio hack ?

Im guessing I wont be unable to lock the xbox hd if it isn't and then I'm still ok as long as I havent run hddisabl as when I reboot my pc the drive will still be locked and ok

#37 sega27

sega27

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 07:06 AM

Question: Instead of replacing my Xbox HD with a bigger one, can I add a second HD to Xbox with a softmod? Maybe there is a way to partition both drives to work as one....

#38 sega27

sega27

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 07:24 AM

I want to get an answer to my question.. sorry if its a newbie question

#39 billenglish

billenglish

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 January 2004 - 04:10 PM

dont think so

#40 Valhalla1

Valhalla1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 January 2004 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (sega27 @ Jan 28 2004, 09:06 AM)
Question: Instead of replacing my Xbox HD with a bigger one, can I add a second HD to Xbox with a softmod? Maybe there is a way to partition both drives to work as one....

no you cant partition both to act as one

you can install 2 hard drives and a switch to switch between the stock and upgraded hard drive

I upgraded mine to 120 gig, kept the original 8 gig around in case this one goes bad. this 120 is a 7200 rpm drive so it gets hotter, not to mention since I am running the games off the hard drive instead of dvd, the hard drive gets even more wear than a stock xbox drive

#41 mrpowerbook345

mrpowerbook345

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 08:37 PM

ok, slayers cd has an option to setup a storebought hardrive then install evox and progs.. i dont have a hard modded xbox, but i am thinking... WUT IF,

1) i took an xbox (softmodded) and booted into the slayers cd
2) hot swap/replace original hardrive in xbox with storebought hardrive
3) run setup (asuming it will read the hardrive)
4) afterwards shutdown xbox and put old hd back in xbox. put 80gb in other xbox and keep the original hd.

i happen to have a softmodded xbox (1.5) at my house now and will be borrowing a friends 1.0 xbox and 80gb hardrive to softmod. if i could do it like this then that would be awesome (doubt it would work). or even skip using the 1.5 and just softmod the 1.0 regularly, then do steps 1 2 and 3.

ALSO

i hope my friends wd800bb unlocks... if it fails to unlock can it still be used for normal pc needs?
if u ever feallike chatin seperately i am on aim alot also (mrpowerbook345)

thanks for the help, and looks like a nice tutorial biggrin.gif

edit: at the top i said replace with storebought xbox (meant to type hardrive)
i HATE it when i do that.. lol

Edited by mrpowerbook345, 09 February 2004 - 09:48 PM.

#42 itchi

itchi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 05:06 AM

I've got a WD1200JB-00CRA1 and I've gone through this tut a few times now. atapwd shows both drives unlocked correctly, and after the ghost atapwd shows both drives locked correctly. Perfect!

However, when I boot the xbox I get the error06. Now I'm 100% positive I've type the key in correctly (I even got a second pair of eyes to double check). So I'm suspecting evox backup gave me a bad bios.bin. I even tried the configmagic backup and I got the same hddkey from liveinfo.

So am I getting a bad eeprom? I'm using st.db with pbl 3.5i loading up 4979 and I've tried with 4981.

I'm going to try and find a MA disk to try an alternative hack but can anyone confirm with the information above that my key is faulty?

Thanks for any help you can give...

[Edit]
I'll beat the question before it get's asked too. Yes, I plugged in my new HD to my pc and chose that hd in the dropdown from liveinfo.

Edited by itchi, 04 March 2004 - 05:32 AM.

#43 itchi

itchi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 05:56 AM

Okay, after many hours I've resolved my issue.

I just ran through the entire process again but this time, liveinfo gave me a different hdd unlock key for my new hard drive. I really don't know why it gave me this new key since it had been consistent in giving me the bad one for the last few tries.

Anyways, success.

#44 Petawa

Petawa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 12 March 2004 - 04:23 PM

I have a Dell, and both atapwd and UnlockX don't find the default XBox harddrive. It just doesn't show up.

Its set to Primary-Master, my new hd is 2-master, and it shows up fine.

Any suggestions? Would using another PC fix it?

#45 Petawa

Petawa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 13 March 2004 - 12:16 PM

OK, I reconfigured the HD so the original is primary master, new is primary slave.
Now both drives are detected by atapwd, and I can even semi-unlock the XBOX hd.

However, atapwd shows the new HD to be frozen. I tried doing the "uninstall from BIOS" trick, but my DELL bios does not have the option to undetect a detected harddrive: only to disable BIOS controller completely (which makes the harddrives invisible to atapwd).

Also, when I unlock the XBOX harddrive, the L flag on atapwd turns off, but the E flag does not. I unlocked it with both UnlockX and HdUnlock several times, but the E flag does not want to turn off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users