• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BigHandsSolo

BigHandsSolo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 08:51 PM

I am having the same problem as many other people in this newsgroup with the error 21 message appearing as soon as you load the exploit savegame, and can therefore never ftp to my UNMODDED xbox.

I have successfully transfered the MechassaultwithEvox and 007aufwithEvoxInstaller exploits to my Xbox hard-drive using my Action Replay card, however when i load the appropriate exploit in either my retail MA or 007AUF, my Xbox reboots and all I get is the Error 21 'Your Xbox Requires Service' screen (GSOD).

I have followed Mad_Gouki's tutorial, and Tutu's 'MA/007 Phoenix BIOS loader' tutorial with the same problem.
(YES I DID DO THE HABIBI SIGNING PROPERLY).

I do not have Xbox Live and my Xbox has NEVER been used on Xbox Live, so I don't think it could be to do with the 2.0 Live Dash, unless an offline retail game has patched/updated something without my knowledge.

My Xbox info screen gives the following values:
K:1.00.4817.01
D:1.00.4817.01
(Probably a v1.1 Xbox???)

I have searched these newsgroups and found lots of different ideas as to what causes the problem with the exploit (i know error 21 is an unknown error):

1*) I read somewhere that you might need the earlier version (< v2.0) of XBlive installed (so that the XBlive tab is available on the dashboard) to get the exploit to work - IS THIS TRUE?
(if it is true, is there anyway to get the update without buying the XBLive starter pack, i want to play mame-x/homebrew stuff, but don't want to have to buy the Live kit when i don't have broadband, and don't like modchipping).

2*) I also read someone was getting error 21 messages when using the Action Replay card to transfer the saves, however it worked ok when they used an official xbox memory card with the AR dongle instead - IS THIS TRUE??? (I doubt it)

All ideas/solutions appreciated, I have already spent about 50 on all the bits:
Mechassault, 007AUF, Crossover cable, Action Replay etc.

Don't want to spend any more and it is annoying me that i can't get it to work!!! Just want to play MAME on my telly.

Thanks in advance. biggrin.gif

#2 dbznjapan

dbznjapan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 09:06 PM

i have discovered with the help of someone in this forum forgot his s/n here but i used the exact same gamesave as he did that worked which was the morden audio hack v2 and it does NOT work on Xbox K5101 and D4920 (1.3) i believe. Also I did buy the officail ms mem card to use instead of the AR and the ms card is NOT working with the AR dock?

#3 doogie23

doogie23

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 September 2003 - 09:09 PM

Do you have the Live Dashboard??? You need it to do the font exploit. Just run Mechassult and go to Xbox Live. MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ACTIVE INTERNET CONNECTION TO YOUR XBOX. Just update from the disk and try it again.

#4 SoPran0

SoPran0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 05:47 AM

i jus added xblive...no conn though like said.....did everything again......still error 21......where do i look too see if i have one of those seroals that doesnt work???

#5 Mr. Tom

Mr. Tom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 September 2003 - 06:12 AM

ive been having the same problem, now i have a question: could it be because i dont have the officail MS memory card anymore?

#6 SoPran0

SoPran0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 07:43 AM

I doubt it....Im usin the AR memory card...and it loads and saves reg stuff.....Im starting too think this is jus a bunch of ppl being retarded....lol.. ph34r.gif

#7 Mr. Tom

Mr. Tom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 September 2003 - 10:53 PM

well i finally got it to work (using hdd driver to install the font exploit) and i ftp'd one of the gamesaves that didnt work over to my box, ran the game and it worked fine meaning only one thing: it was either my AR memcard or the AR itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users