• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ryanvm

ryanvm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 06:07 PM

Yes, I'm an absolute newbie to XBMP, but I love it. Great job guys! However, I searched the forums and the manual and can't find the answer to this question:

Is it okay to just kill the power to the XBox while playing MP3s or videos over SMB, or do you have to go all the way back to the main menu and choose the "power off" button?

I know all the game makers have taken the necessary precautions to make sure their software can handle people just turning it off randomly. Have the XBMP developers taken the same measures?

[I ask because the wife and kids love playing MP3s, but getting them to navigate back to the main menu and choosing that tiny "off" button is another matter...]

Thanks.

#2 akarnid

akarnid

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 07:07 PM

Nah, does not matter at all. Might screw up the system.bin (the settings save file on E drive) if you unplug it when you are selecting an option and it's something that gets saved to it(calibration f'rinstance), but my XBMP has never ever given me any startup problems, even if I turn it off in the middle of a movie/streaming audio/whatever. So I don't think that's a problem at all. And if then, just ftp to the box/use boxplorer to delete the system.bin in E/TDATA/face007/.

Edited by akarnid, 26 September 2003 - 07:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users