shortasswattsy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 July 2002 - 11:01 PM

hey,
couple of questions:
1) any got the original xboxdash.xbe file since i thought i backed it up, but aparently didnt
2) how do i backup (copy) files useing this flashfxp, i cant copy i can only edit?
3) when i look through the contents of an original disc, it only displays the .vob files etc... as if i had just put the x-box disc into my pc dvd-rom... any ideas y?
4) and last to rip games do i have to flash the bios with the evolution bios, how is this done?

thanx for all your help guys n girlz.
biggrin.gif

#2 marty

marty

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 July 2002 - 11:13 PM

Go the EvolutionX web site i think it is www.valholl.org or something to that effect.. read the guides and it will answer your question.

Youll want to backup your own copy of the xboxdash.xbe cuz it might contain personal settings, you log into your xbox by setting the xbox ip to 192.168.0.X and change your computer's IP to 192.168.0.2 so they are on the same local network when it looks for TCP/IP...

When you backup your original xboxdash, go the D:\ directory and copy the default.xbe file off the evolutionx cd onto your computer, then rename it to xboxdash.xbe and copy it over to your xbox's c:\ directory.. read the directions and modify the .ini file if you want to link it to the original M$ dashboard..

good luck and listen to people ont he irc chan #evolutionx and #xboxhacker

-Marty

#3 shortasswattsy

shortasswattsy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 July 2002 - 11:18 PM

cheerz thats pretty helpfull, but i dnt no how to copy, do u right click on the file or sumin... when i right click there is no copy option , jus edit and sum others???

cheerz again.

#4 zt321

zt321

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 07:10 AM

Just download it to your HD, the original file remains where it is. And you'll have a copy on your HD.

#5 pCeSlAyEr

pCeSlAyEr

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Interests:Old games......... yea....
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 July 2002 - 08:39 AM

as for only seeing the vob's, no clue...

is it your first time using an FTP client???

change the window on the left to a directory where u wanna copy the files to, and drag the files from D/ on the xbox into it(it should start copying)... there is no download option, ftp clients are all drag and drop(well most are)...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users