#1 vidgms4me

vidgms4me

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 September 2003 - 02:16 AM

Great job on the tutorial! As usual, I go thoroughly reading the tutorials looking for corrections smile.gif.

2. Open BIOS manager. You need to use this to make your bios from a 256k bios to a 1024k bios. Select Import from the left panel. Select the bios you downloaded. Select Open. You will notice something has changed in the top right box! omfg!!! Highlight that box and press copy on the left panel. Go to each of those boxes and press paste. Hopefully you have 4 boxes on the right that say Name: UNKNOWN, File: X2_4977. You now want to save that BIOS. REMEMBER WHERE YOU SAVE IT.

3. Open UltraISO, found at:
http://www.ultraiso....ad/uiso5_en.exe
Use the bottom navigator and drag up your bios.bin and nero.zip and then save.

1) cheapmods/Matrix's require a 256k bios. You may want to make note of that.
2) The filename for the bios WILL work with "bios.bin", but due to the burning order or NERO, "BIOS.BIN" often works better.
3) For the chameleon chip, you do not name the bios BIOS.BIN, but rather LINUXBIO.BIN

And another FAQ question:
When I start my backed-up game, I get a black screen with sound!
Turn off all three IGR sections in Evox settings.

I'd also like to see info on backing-up games on the hard drive. I have a small tutorial written if you're interested.

^^Feel free to take credit/add/not add/ anything above. After all, it's YOUR FANTASTIC GUIDE smile.gif.

Edited by vidgms4me, 21 September 2003 - 02:26 AM.

#2 mastertito4

mastertito4

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 04:07 AM

vid, of course u get credit! u dont get enough!

#3 AkumAPRIME

AkumAPRIME

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 03:19 PM

Thank you Tito.... now if only the noob species knew how to read pinned threads.... Excellent and comprehensive

ehb

#4 tajwk

tajwk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 22 September 2003 - 03:19 PM

it is also possible to change your xbox name by gaining a high score in dead or alive 3, just set a high score and you can change the name....ive also heard it can be done with a couple of other games, but dead or alive 3 is the only one ive seen
taj

ps. amazing tutorial...nice work

#5 mastertito4

mastertito4

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 07:54 PM

yes u can change the name that way, but as the tutorial explains, there r other ways but the way i explained is by far the easiest

#6 Edge10

Edge10

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 12:56 AM

What's an Xbox?

#7 mastertito4

mastertito4

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 01:58 AM

o boy...

#8 Hong Kong Phooey

Hong Kong Phooey

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 September 2003 - 06:44 AM

This tut is freakin' incredible!

#9 AkumAPRIME

AkumAPRIME

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 06:00 PM

someone lock this so its not full of stupid BS, then people can PM Tito, and he and the mods can make the appropriate changes. Don't you hate when the pins get super fuckin big?

ehb

#10 mastertito4

mastertito4

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 11:14 PM

1125 views in 4 days... im very honored and im still working very hard to making the process of modding your xbox as a n00b easier and easier, please be patient as more and more tuts will be added. if you have any suggestions for a tut, or have found an error in a tut (... ya right....) PM me...

#11 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory

Posted 25 September 2003 - 03:30 AM

i didn't know you were putting that in a tutorial of some kind. I don't care cause what i said is better than that misinformation that was there to begin but now i'm going to have to write you a proper networking tut... or find one. Just cause that's so horrible i really can't even fix it with my comments.

EDIT: I found a ftp guide that can take the place of the crap one you have now... its HERE> it contains nothing misleading and doesn't say stupid things like to put in a gateway address. Again it should only be used for direct pc to xbox connections either with crossover or straight through a hub or switch. If you don't want to use IE like it says simply replace the last paragraph with open the ftp client of choice and connect to your xbox at 192.168.0.3

Edited by mrRobinson, 25 September 2003 - 04:01 AM.

#12 mastertito4

mastertito4

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 11:47 AM

altho quite harshly put, mrRobinson is right. i dont know much about FTPing and basically wrote down MY settings which was clearly wrong. the link mrRobinson provided is now in the tut instead of my FTP tut

#13 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory

Posted 25 September 2003 - 01:25 PM

sorry bout the harshness... sometimes i don't realize.

#14 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 September 2003 - 02:48 AM

mastertito4, amazing job. Massive posts like this take an incredible amount of time to set up.. ohmy.gif

Here are a few links that (i think wink.gif ) should be added

List Of Hard Disks And "lockability"
Requires some reading, but a great thread to read if you are having locking troubles.
http://forums.xbox-s...41&t=30117&st=0

What DVD-ROM Do I have??? (Check without opening Xbox case)
user posted image
.......Good...........................Crappy................................THE BEST (for reading burnt media of any sort)

General Hardware FAQ
Contains crucial links for HDD problems, error codes, how to install a new HDD if you are using a software hack, cooling info, and Blind_Samuri made an AMAZING post about adding RAM to the Xbox (not for n00bs, but it answers any questions one might have about it)
http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=41&t=98909

Case Modding FAQ
Add lights, fans, paints, skins, custom jewels, LED installation.. this post has all that case modding stuff. My personal fav smile.gif
http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=24&t=69004

mastertito, GREAT post!!! beerchug.gif

#15 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderators
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (AkumAPRIME @ Sep 23 2003, 03:00 PM)
someone lock this so its not full of stupid BS, then people can PM Tito, and he and the mods can make the appropriate changes. Don't you hate when the pins get super fuckin big?

ehb

This will certainly happen very soon (most likely today), and I will split the extra posts off into another thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users