Its so very simple that almost feel stupid making a guide for it, but I guess people like to know whats going on before they start.
1) Get the latest version of dvd2xbox (Click HERE to find out where to get it, HINT: its xbox/apps/filemanager) - Do NOT PM me or E-Mail me asking for software.
2) Install dvd2xbox on your xbox (This is covered in other guides)
3) Start app:
4) Insert Game (I am using Mechassault for this guide):
5) Press A
6) Select Location to Save game (you can specify other locations in the .xml file) - Press A
7) Notice that the app reads the game name from the .xbe and names the folder appropriately. Press Start to begin copying.
8) The game is then copied to the hard drive.
9) Once finished, the app then patches all .xbe's and ejects the game
10) Nothing else to do, so there you go, backup your game in less then 10 steps
Notes: let me know if there is anything that I missed or what not. If there is a demand, I may add a guide for using dvd2xbox for a dvd movie, which would quickly turn this into a dvd2xbox manual....
Edited by heinrich, 06 February 2005 - 07:07 AM.