Heykrop

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 October 2002 - 09:55 PM

Hi All,

I'm looking at trying to make a Matrix style solderless mod and need a little info.

1. I am thinking of using these chips and want your thoughts on if they would work. Atmel AT27C080 1M x 8 OTP EPROM PLCC . I may try and do a multi bios mod if they will work.

2. I am looking for the pogos like they use or something similar but am at sorts after numerous hours of searching the web. Any idea where to find them? huh.gif uhh.gif

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks biggrin.gif

#2 syknight

syknight

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 09:57 PM

Pogo pins are extremely expensive... Last time I bought a pack of gold plated pins, I think it was $5/ea. tongue.gif

#3 Heykrop

Heykrop

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 10:23 PM

OUCH!!!!! ohmy.gif Thanks for the info on the priceing. Where did you get them? I may still pick up a few anyway.

And if anyone has an idea about the chips please let me know.

#4 fizgig10

fizgig10

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 04:45 AM

Dude, screw the pogo's. They aren't worth it. I homebrewed myself and it took me 23 minutes to solder all 30 or so wires. I know 'cause I did it at work (where I have better tools) and still had time to eat lunch.

I've taken my xbox on a plane (had to explain the external mod-enable switch...That was kind of funny) and to work a few times to play it with my co-workers. Soldered wires are holding steady.

Gonna replace my rom with a 4Mbit to hold the new reset-allowable BIOS when its released. I get all these parts for free as samples so no problem!

Also, I'll be getting my memory chips soon too. Can't wait to install those...

#5 bluespot

bluespot

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 05:44 AM

Care to share some 'free samples'? biggrin.gif

I've got a stack of 2Mbit flash chips that are gonna be useless soon sad.gif That's what I get for trying to be a cheap ass I guess.

#6 Heykrop

Heykrop

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 03:29 PM

Thanks again for the info on the pogos. Maybe I wont use them after all. Anyine have any info though on the chips I would like to use. My plans are to try and do an LPC mod with them and am not sure if they are going to work. They are 8Mbit 32 pin PLCC EPROMS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users