#1 tajwk

tajwk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 29 September 2003 - 03:39 PM

first off, i am not sure if i flashed the bios corectly, what i did was made a 1meg bios and burned it to a memorex cdrw, the xbox read it and said it was loading the bios, it restarted and now everytime it restarts the blob appears and it goes to the "your xbox, needs repair, contacta technition"(or whatever it says in 6 languages) and the error 16 appears in the upper left hand screen. i have tried burning a disc with slayers evox auto installer already in iso format and the xbox does not boot from the disc, i have put dummy files on and still no luck. i am using adaptec easy cd creator for the disc and i change it to mode:1, and changed Joliet to Iso, but still cannot create a good disc.

i am wondering if anyone knows if i maybe didnt flash it correctly, and then, would the x2.0 lite programmer work to reflash it? if not, what else could i do? otherwise, if i did flash it correctly, what am i doing wrong to make the evox boot disc?

thanks
taj

#2 moistness

moistness

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 29 September 2003 - 03:44 PM

what bios did you flash it with?

#3 tajwk

tajwk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 02:43 AM

it was x2 4974 MultiVer 256k which i made a 1024k with x2bm

#4 tajwk

tajwk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 01:12 PM

bump

#5 McGeyser

McGeyser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 01:27 PM

You bought a 2.2 Pro right? Why use a CDR for Bios, why not the paralell port and X2BM 1.1?
You are aware there are newer Bios's available? 4978.03 512 is good and so is M7. Flashing all 4 banks with the same 256 K Bios can cause problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users