#16 Zero

Zero

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (tupac @ Sep 30 2003, 04:15 AM)
hey, i've heard that that works too, but i dont know anyone that did it. Are u positive this works or know somebody that this worked for, or is it just another thing ur friends friend tried rolleyes.gif .......

It wont work.

#17 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 September 2003 - 04:18 AM

A recent study found that between 88 percent and 96 percent of motorists exceed the 55 mph posted speed limit on interstate highways in the states that still have it.

how old is that shit? like 10 years at least? speed limits havn't been that low on the interstates in at least 10 years for most states.

tupac, what state you in?

#18 tupac

tupac

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 September 2003 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 30 2003, 04:46 AM)
QUOTE (tupac @ Sep 30 2003, 04:15 AM)
hey, i've heard that that works too, but i dont know anyone that did it.  Are u positive this works or know somebody that this worked for, or is it just another thing ur friends friend tried  rolleyes.gif .......

It wont work.

do u have any reason to think it won't work or do u just assume it won't work?

#19 Zero

Zero

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (tupac @ Sep 30 2003, 05:40 AM)
do u have any reason to think it won't work or do u just assume it won't work?

Even if you get a refund back they still process the ticket as being payed.

#20 thomes08

thomes08

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
  • Interests:XBOX! HOCKEY! POT AND SHROOMS! BEER!

Posted 30 September 2003 - 05:41 AM

i'm in indiana and i've heard that overpaying your tickets does work. You still have to pay the ticket but your insurance wont see it

good luck

thomes08

#21 thomes08

thomes08

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
  • Interests:XBOX! HOCKEY! POT AND SHROOMS! BEER!

Posted 30 September 2003 - 05:48 AM

i'm in indiana and i've heard that overpaying your tickets does work. You still have to pay the ticket but your insurance wont see it

good luck

thomes08

edit : sorry about the double post it said it was too busy to take my request the first time

Edited by thomes08, 30 September 2003 - 05:49 AM.

#22 tupac

tupac

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (lookformeb @ Sep 30 2003, 05:18 AM)
A recent study found that between 88 percent and 96 percent of motorists exceed the 55 mph posted speed limit on interstate highways in the states that still have it.

how old is that shit? like 10 years at least? speed limits havn't been that low on the interstates in at least 10 years for most states.

ohio

#23 Hammy

Hammy

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 10:31 AM

tupac,Listen Man,You did the crime and got caught so take it like a man,Every time someone speeds and does not get caught they think that they are great because they did not get caught but this time you got caught so time to pay the piper and stop speeding tongue.gif

#24 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 September 2003 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (tupac @ Sep 30 2003, 07:11 AM)
QUOTE (lookformeb @ Sep 30 2003, 05:18 AM)

ohio

Ohio?

You are screwed. The troopers there, like Michigan, are paid overtime to handle court cases, and traffic fines are a major part of revenues.

Just be thankful New Rome is no longer a legal speed trap. They would have taken you to the cleaners.

#25 Gonefission

Gonefission

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Games N Guns

Posted 30 September 2003 - 12:05 PM

I have been pulled over 4 times and never gotten a ticket. Once I was pulled over in a school zone by an officer named Bubba (I shit you not) for doing 35 in a school zone. He made me walk over to his car and gave me my warning there. WTF?

Just the other day I was doing my usual 60 in the 45mph and a cop was shooting radar and I thought I was boned for sure. He instead pulled out and went after a guy in the other lane. I think I am the luckiest person when it comes to tickets.

I say just pay the ticket, eventually everyone gets one.

Edited by Gonefission, 30 September 2003 - 12:06 PM.

#26 Hoppy

Hoppy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (sk8ermike6789 @ Sep 29 2003, 11:42 PM)
pay the fine, but pay over by like 8 dollars, so if the ticket was 100 dollars pay 108 dollars, then youll get a refund check, burn that up, and since you did the transaction was never complete and therefore by the law, your insurance will not even see the violation... that is the best way to go wink.gif

That's an urban legend. And the ledgend is actually if you over pay and don't cash the refund check, the violation doesn't show up on your DMV record.

Edited by Hoppy, 30 September 2003 - 12:23 PM.

#27 XB0X_Mod

XB0X_Mod

I 0wn J00!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 12:25 PM

Officer: "Where are you coming from this evening"?
Me: "Westchester County Airport"
Officer: "Where are you headed"?
Me: "Home"
Officer: "Did you have anything to drink at that airport"?
Me: "I had nothing to drink at that airport, officer".
Officer: Do you know how fast you were going"?
Me: "Probably about eighty miles an hour".
Officer: "Why were you driving in two lanes"?
Me: "Well, let me explain, I'm a pilot and I was getting checked out in a high performance aircraft and practicing night landings with an instructor. I was having difficulty on approaches so every time we got on the approach the instructor would scream "Eighty Knots, Eighty Knots, Eighty Knots". This was going on all night so I am not surprised my speed on the highway was eighty mph while I was reflecting the flight".
Officer: " What were you doing in between the two lanes"?
Me: "Oh, airport runways have a white dashed center line and I guess I was forgetting I was in my car.
Officer: "Well that's the most original story I've heard in a long time"
Me: "Well, I have all my pilot credentials and accessories right here in my bag. Would you like to see"?
Officer: (looking in my passenger seat at my bag) "No, just take it easy on the highway and happy landings".
Me: "Good night Officer"

LMFAO

Anyway , you should go in there blazing gunz n SHIT! Your 2Pac man! ph34r.gif

#28 Wong Hung Lo

Wong Hung Lo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Interests:Modding my Sampo DVD players,Tivo, ReplayTV and my Xbox.<br /><br />Being a soldering elitists :)
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 September 2003 - 01:29 PM

All they care is that they get their money. You can go in there and plea it down to something like defective equipment and they still make their money and you wont have any points.

I remember years ago thay had some thing but I can't remember the name. It was energy infraction something I think. I plead to that and they still made their money and I didn't have any points.

#29 tupac

tupac

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 04:54 PM

how do u make a plea and settle it that way? do u set up the plea before the court date or do it on the spot in the courtroom?

#30 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 07:11 PM

here, i did it in the courtroom. just went in there and he asks what you plea. i said guilty, and he said he'd remove it as long as i agreed to pay court costs. 112 in court costs and the ticket was for 115...lol. at least it not on my driving record.

as for you who think paying 8 dollars more is going to prevent a ticket from being reported to the insurance agencies... you're wrong. very wrong... so wrong, it's stupid. dry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users