Photo

Fixed My Bad Tsop On 1.3 Xbox With Chameleon !

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 candyman

candyman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 11:56 AM

TO THE MODS , PIN this guide , it's working 100% and i think a lot of guys are waiting for this !!!

Ok this is what i did , i had flashed my tsop with a bad bios , the result was : No AV signal and the dvd tray would not eject anymore.

This is what i did to fix it (took me 4 days to get it right):

First my configuration:

XBOX 1.3
with this chip:
W49F020T-90B

Step 1:

Make sure the 2 points on top of the motherboard are soldered OK.

user posted image

Step 2:

Connect D0 (otherwise chameleon won't boot) AND A15 !!!
if you don't know where to connect them to , get this :
http://images.xodus-...der_Install.zip
and take a look at fig 3b

Step 3:

I set my chameleon to Mode 1 , this means 4x256kb .
Boot your chameleon with a bank , wich contains a valid bios (example mine had in bank 0 , the xectuter 2 4977 )
Flash another bank of your chameleon with the d6 tsop bios , it's included in the latest evolution-X dashboard 1.8.3921.
If you don't know what to add to your evox.ini , so you can flash the seperate banks in evox dash , take a look here :
http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=51&t=61755

Step 4:

So in my case i flashed the d6 tsop bios in bank 3 .
Now you have to set the dip switches to that bank , so the chameleon boots the d6 tsop bios.
In my case ; to boot from bank 3 i had to set dip1 and 2 OFF and dip 3 and 4 ON.
So now my chameleon boots the d6 tsop bios.

Step 5:

I used the 007+raincoat trick now. What the d6 tsop bios does , is when you use it on your chameleon, it automatically uses the A15 to flash you tsop , instead of the chameleon.
Raincoat detected my WINBOND - W49F020 (256k) , erased whole chip and flashed it with X2 v4977
and it worked !!!!
it took me 4 days , but now my tsop is recovered !

Conlcusion : CHAMELEON OWNZ !!!!!!!

P.S. : special thanks to team XODUS for helping me out !

Edited by candyman, 01 October 2003 - 12:18 PM.

#2 KalleKalasmanicken

KalleKalasmanicken

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 07:38 PM

Nice.

One question though.
How bad was your tsop?
Did you flash the whole 256 bank with wrong bios?
If you did it, then I should be able to do it to.
Flashed my v1.1 tsop with a v1.0 bios. Not good.
But it was a complete flash. All 4 banks used.
Well, i suppose with your tsop, its only 256, then you must have the whole tsop ruined.
Then it should work for me.
Have tried it the way you did like 30 times, didnt wotk though..
Well, happy it worked for you. =)
beerchug.gif

#3 candyman

candyman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 06:41 AM

Hi KalleKalasmanicken , I flashed my tsop the first time with the d6 tsop bios , thinking it was specially made for the tsop , what a mistake !!! blink.gif So my tsop was fucked royally , and i fixed it the way i described above. If you still have any questions , just ask if I can help you , I will , I know what it's like to fuck up your tsop sad.gif
good luck !

#4 Troed

Troed

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 09:00 AM

candyman: What you described only works because you indeed had a valid bios flashed in the TSOP, although it wasn't "good enough". There's no "flashing through A15". What you describe CANNOT be done if the TSOP is flashed with "trash" - it relies on parts of the TSOP to still be okey.

#5 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 October 2003 - 11:29 AM

the d.6 tsop bios loads part of a hacked bios from the lpc and then switches to the tsop. one d.6 tsop alone can not boot 'cause it doesn't know where to switch to. if the tsop has a really bad bios image only a 29 wire mod can revive it.

#6 Ed_209

Ed_209

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 October 2003 - 10:19 PM

Ok, I did the exact same thing as you (assumed tsop d6 was designed to go on the tsop)... and I have a chameleon chip with the exact same problem to what you are trying to solve. A few questions:

1) will I be able to use the 007/evox hack to fix my tsop? or do I HAVE to use raincoat?

2) how did you get 007 to load up with the tsop d6 bios loaded? When I load up the tsop d6 bios all I get is a blank screen and my dvd drive doesn't function. Is there something I am missing here? I am even loading the tsop d6 bios off of my chameleon..

3)can I just "switch" to the bank with the tsop d6 bios thru evox and do it that way or do I HAVE to adjust the dip switches accordingly so the xbox primarily boots up using tsop d6?

Most people might find this tutorial you wrote useless, but this info is priceless to me. Thank you very much for taking the time to solve this problem for the rest of us.

#7 Ed_209

Ed_209

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 12:55 AM

Ok, here is an update: I decided to try out your method and here is what I did...

I reopened my xbox, attached the A15 point to the chameleon

I flashed one of the banks of my chameleon with the tsop d6 bios

(Keep in mind that my xbox works perfectly when I use any other bios)

When I switch over to the tsop d6 bios it does something slightly different. When it used to just sit there with a blank screen, a flashing green light in the front and the dvd rom doesn't work it now resets 3 times and flashes red and green whenever I switch to the tsop d6 bios. The problem is I STILL can't get the tsop flashed and I can't even get 007 auf to load. I am using a 1.0 xbox... er wait a minute, I just thought of something...Do I need to lock the hard drive also? I soldered the A15 point perfectly on there, so I know that's not the problem and everything else works perfectly when I switch to a regular working bios. Please send some suggestions my way, I would greatly appreciate it. uhh.gif

#8 candyman

candyman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:06 AM

hey ed_209 , you have flashed one of the 4 banks of your chameleon with the d6 tsop bios , right ? And it does not boot up , if you switch your chameleon to use that bank ?
It should boot up, with a blue/yellow kind a xbox logo , and then you should be fine to load 007 ...
Are you sure you have flashed 1 of the 4 banks of the chameleon correctly , and set the dip switches afterwards to boot from that bank ?
You have to set it with the dip switches , maybe you are trying to soft switch it from bank?

#9 Ed_209

Ed_209

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 09:26 PM

I am using the chameleon in the 2 512k mode, my first bank I am using the 4976.02 bios, and on the 2nd 512k bank I have the tsop d6 bios on there. On my tsop I have the tsop d6 bios on there as well. I first tried doing a software switch to the 2nd bank with the d6 tsop bios but it just reset 3 times red green etc... I then changed the dip switch on the chameleon so the chip would directly load to the 2nd 512 k bank with the tsop d6 bios and it did the exact same thing as the software switch. I did not get any blue yellow xbox logo or anything. The fact that I am using 2 512 k banks should make no difference than you using 4 256k banks, so I doubt that is the problem. And I know I soldered the A15 point on there with dead on accuracy. I am using the first generation version of the chameleon modchip and a V 1.0 xbox. This is getting frustrating. Thanks for your help

#10 jasonkid

jasonkid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 07:37 PM

hey candyman i can confirm that your tut is a 100% work, only in step 5 i use evox to flash. nice tut beerchug.gif

#11 candyman

candyman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 07:55 PM

To Ed_209 , hmm very strange stuff. Just to be 100% sure , use 4 banks of 256kb , then re-flash the d6 tsop bios in 1 bank , and try to boot it , it should work , as that bios is specially made to use on a chameleon chip... I suggest you'd try that , good luck !

To jasonkid : thanks , glad you could use it beerchug.gif

#12 Knocks

Knocks

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 04:17 AM

I have not tried this yet, but if it works, it needs to be pinned. Thanks OP.

#13 jasonkid

jasonkid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 07:46 PM

hey canndyman you should post this guide in tsop flash section i think a lot more people will find it useful

#14 tdk337

tdk337

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 10:03 PM

Please be patient but if you flashed any bank on your Chameleon with TSOP_D6.BIN, doesn't that just disable your Chameleon? Wouldn't that be the same as taking your Chameleon out first?

I'm trying to figure this out. If I had a Chameleon installed and right before I hit the "Y" button to flash my chip, I were to cut D0... Wouldn't that detect my TSOP instead of the Chameleon? Now I haven't flashed any TSOP's yet and I'm trying to get some input. Will it work?

#15 akillamuthafucca

akillamuthafucca

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 06 February 2004 - 10:57 AM

thats wht I use a chip its safer and you donot have to fuck with onboard hardware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users