28 replies to this topic

#1 akarnid

akarnid

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 08:28 PM

Hmmm I thought I'd try to play Golden Axe 2 the other day, having played the original to death in the arcade in my yoof. Got the rom all right, but I can't seem to load it up in either MameOx or MAME-X. Does any xbox emu play this one? And before anyone asks, I'm NOT looking to play the genesis version. Thought that one really sucked, like most arcade ports at the time.

#2 Joshua Wood

Joshua Wood

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 09:12 PM

I happened to play about a level or two of this game last weekend with my brother, so yeah, it works. Seems to mostly run fine, a few graphics glitches occured during the campfire scenes between levels where u just smack those little fellas for magic and health potions...otherwise seemed to be fine. Check your rom.

#3 Joshua Wood

Joshua Wood

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 09:19 PM

I happened to play about a level or two of this game last weekend with my brother, so yeah, it works. Seems to mostly run fine, a few graphics glitches occured during the campfire scenes between levels where u just smack those little fellas for magic and health potions...otherwise seemed to be fine. Check your rom.

#4 akarnid

akarnid

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 10:09 PM

Thnx. This means the problem is with my rom. Will check out asap.

#5 dman7

dman7

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 October 2003 - 10:07 PM

Man, I have tried about 4 different Roms of this game and I can't get it to work ethier. The closest that I got was one that said it had known issues and I couldn't pick up potions. Any suggestions? Are there any tricks like having two sets of roms and merging or something?

Thanks,
-dman

#6 Joshua Wood

Joshua Wood

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 12:53 AM

I'll see if i can remember to check my again 2nite for ya....

I have issues with King of Fighters 95 and Fatal Fury Special (using Kawax)...fatfursp is missing a file, and KOF has glitched graphics. I've redownloaded both of these numerous times from several different sources, and all the same result. So I'm in what appears to be the same boat with these as you are with Golden Axe 2.

I'll get back to you to confirm that golden axe 2 does work, but I guess you're gonna have to just keep hunting.

#7 dman7

dman7

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 01:54 AM

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

-dman

#8 Nepenthes

Nepenthes

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 October 2003 - 03:05 AM

I just tried playing Golden Axe 2 again in the latest Mame-ox. Works fine for me. There are video problems after you beat the first boss. All of sudden you are standing in the sky it looks like. You can still pick up the potions though even when the video goes wacky. Also seems like the shadows are off. Other than that it seems very playable, not the greatest game though. I prefer the original Golden Axe. Probably you have bad roms, try using a rom manager then try unzipping them all and see if you can build a good rom.

#9 GLiTcH

GLiTcH

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 October 2003 - 05:13 AM

user posted image

blink.gif

#10 MichaelNet

MichaelNet

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 07:00 AM

Yes Golden Axe 2 works well with the last version of MAMEoX. Ninja Baseball Batman, Shinobi & Gaia Crusaders (Sound disabled only for this game) work fine too.

Edited by MichaelNet, 07 October 2003 - 07:01 AM.

#11 Joshua Wood

Joshua Wood

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 09:05 PM

Sorry, I ended up getting drunk and forgot to test it for you, but it appears that others have also confimed it working, so I won't bother. However, I'm using MameOX 0.72 (or whatever it is), not the latest, so it works on this version also.

#12 dman7

dman7

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 11:48 PM

That's a good idea! I am going to use clrom to rebuild it but I need a dat file for Mameox. Does anyone know where I can get the .dat file for Mameox to use on clrom?

-dman

#13 Joshua Wood

Joshua Wood

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 03:58 AM

Will these programs acutally "repair" roms....or do you need another zip file with the correct rom part for it to extract, so it's basically just combining the good bits of each zip into one complete zip....

So if I have a zip with different crc checks, it's not going to correct this unless I have a zip with the right crc checks correct? And it's certainly not going to build a missing file, is it?

#14 dman7

dman7

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 09:05 PM

Can asomeone give me the filenames contained in ga2.zip(Goolden Axe 2)? I have the mame .dat file and it doesn't have a showing for Golden Axe 2. So, if someone gives me a list of the filenames and thier correct spellings I can go and search them out and put them together.

Thanks,
-dman

#15 vidiware

vidiware

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 08:14 AM

golden axe 2 on Genesis works for me... haven't tested mame

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users