80 replies to this topic

#1 connector777

connector777

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:01 PM

Ok, first 10 posters to this thread that give me answers on whether I can use the new Samsung oem pc dvd drive SD-816 in the xbox. It must be identical in operation to the the xbox original samsung drives.

Is it possible? I want in depth answers.. must be more than one paragraph long. All posters in the next 3 days will be put into a raffle. Dissolved will do a random number and the winner will get a free light gun with free shipping, on me, cause I love xbox-scene so much!!!!!!!!!

Ok, give me good answers, anyone got any good pictures????? Pictures of completed models done to work with xbox will get a free controller port.

See my thread in the buy and sell forum for more free items, and for parts.

Anyway, I'm looking to you technical geniuses here for help on this one. Can I use a oem Samsung SD-816 in an xbox just like it was an original samsung xbox dvd????

free chance at a free light gun... and it's bitchin' to play house of the dead with it!!!!

So long,
From the friendly trader,
connector777@netzero.net

#2 connector777

connector777

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:03 PM

Actually I made a mistype... it's not the first 10 people to answer, it is all good answers and responses. EVERYONE will be in the raffle no matter what. One winner. Winner will be announced on Sunday 6:00 PM Los Angeles time, so keep checking this thread everyday til then.

Cheers! laugh.gif

#3 bi786

bi786

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 12:05 AM

Quite simply no, why, its a different chipset. Send me that gun now:P.

#4 JonDante

JonDante

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Interests:Music Production<br />XBox
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 October 2003 - 12:14 AM

All I can do is second the motion. Out of experience though...no. I have tried using different Samsung drive but the chipset did not match, so it was a no go.

JD

Add me to raffle. wink.gif

#5 zipdoa

zipdoa

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 12:33 AM

Not compatible, different chipset...

#6 Overdone

Overdone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 01:50 AM

not possible, so sorry.

#7 shank69xo

shank69xo

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Interests:XBOX360, PC Mods, Titties<br /><br />MuDvAyNe
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 October 2003 - 02:13 AM

Sorry d00d, not possible. But I sure would like that gun. beerchug.gif

#8 connector777

connector777

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 04:59 AM

ok, well that was an easy question. ok, my next question, where can I buy in bulk (over 100 units) of the other older samsung discontinued ones for dirt cheap.

This one if verified will get a free light gun.

yo

The free light gun is over since the question is done, let me see who posted....

#9 PM5K

PM5K

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 October 2003 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (connector777 @ Oct 4 2003, 12:59 AM)
ok, well that was an easy question. ok, my next question, where can I buy in bulk (over 100 units) of the other older samsung discontinued ones for dirt cheap.

This one if verified will get a free light gun.

yo

The free light gun is over since the question is done, let me see who posted....

I doubt you could find them in bulk since they are discontinued.

#10 connector777

connector777

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 05:02 AM

bi786
JonDante
zipdoa
Overdone
shank69xo

I will roll a dice.....

and the number is 3!

zipdoa, you are now the proud winner of a brand new light gun courtesy of me. Email me at connector777@netzero.net with your address, we will ship next tuesday.

All others, have no fear, connector is here. Free controller port for any of you too, email me at connector777@netzero.net with your address, we will ship next tuesday.

yo

And remember there is one more lightgun for someone who can get me a good contact for bulk discontinued samsungs that are compatible with the xbox.

#11 paquetterson

paquetterson

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 05:04 AM

wish it could but no

did i win?

#12 bi786

bi786

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 09:33 AM

Mailed you about the controller port smile.gif beerchug.gif

#13 sCoTxXx

sCoTxXx

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 11:59 AM

Darn, I missed this little contest sad.gif

Oh well, figured I would tell you this anyway.

I had a thomson that was shit (That is just my experience im sure there are plenty of them out there that work fine) I figured that I will just go and buy a samsung off ebay, but on the recommendation of a friend he told me I should buy a phillips that they are cheaper and just as good (again that was just his opinion), I had said to him that is not what i heard.

So for $15 bucks on ebay i bought a phillips. I figured it was worth $15 to try it. So far my phillips reads any dvd+r that i give it which is convinent since i have only a dvd+r/rw burner, but my phillips reads every cd-r (I have tried 5 or 6 different brands and all of them have worked) Maybe im lucky, not sure but for 15 bucks I am happy, those samsungs can get up to 75-100$ on ebay so I doubt that you could find a whole bunch dirt cheap.

Not sure if this helps you but good luck. beerchug.gif

#14 connector777

connector777

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 12:25 PM

$15 for a philips??? wow, that's a GREAT price, I should have bought it myself to resell haha smile.gif

But anywayz, yea, philips are weird, some are really good at reading dvds, some aren't. so it's kind of a crapshoot.

But I'm glad it worked out for you smile.gif And if you ever need anything xbox related, please email me at connector777@netzero.net I am a wholesaler of xbox stuff so I usually get stuff for about 60% retail, and I'll pass the savings on to you, I can beat any stores prices easily.

connector777@netzero.net

#15 connector777

connector777

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 October 2003 - 07:55 AM

ok, new promo...

free brand new light gun

I need to find a contact to buy the old discontinued samsung 616T in bulks of 100. Can anyone find me a contact? Will give a free light gun, plus commission for sales later.

contact me at
connector777@netzero.net

Also, same thing for a good dvd burner contact.... free light gun and commision for someone who finds me a wholesaler for dvd burners....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users