5 replies to this topic

#1 sexus6

sexus6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2002 - 06:16 PM

Hi, I'm a newbie in that forum.
I buy a DVDRW PIONEER A04 and I try to burn xbox DVDR.
I make it with primoDVD but I have a little problems.
I extract files of a xbox original to make a backup, I do this with the EVOX.
I burn this files with the primoDVD, configuring in this way:
- FILE SYSTEM => UDF FORMAT
- MODE 1

I make this with Colin mc rae 3, prisoner of war, and with the Game Selector to include two or three games in one cd.
I put this DVDRW in the xbox and this not work. sad.gif
I try to burn a iso (xbox splinter's cell beta) and this works, burn with the same primodvd.

What's the problem? I have tu patch anything? I have to make a ISO of the files downloaded of the xbox to burn it?

I read in the posts that you use a make-iso program, like gfimage, or xISO, or that you use Recornow max to do this. With this soft is can posible to do this? Anyone can give any tutorial to do this?
Thanks a lot

UPDATE
I think that I have the same problem of this post
http://xbox-scene.fx...e2b79a1462fc39e
But I don't think that the problem will be the media, because splinter's cell iso that I download works fine. thanks

#2 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 November 2002 - 09:18 PM

The splinter cell iso is pre-made and ready-to-burn, so you shouldn't have any problems with it.
When you burn that UDF data disc, make SURE you select for the file system UDF-128 (NO JOLIET).

#3 sexus6

sexus6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 11:31 AM

The FileSystem is correct, UDF NO JOLIET, i all my tests....
doesn't works! uhh.gif

#4 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 November 2002 - 02:41 PM

You can make an ISO, but you don't have to. I haven't seen a case where the UDF methold actually prevented a game from booting.
What kind of mod chip do you have. If it's a beta enigmah, you have to patch the default.xbe (in this case, you would probably have to patch the game selector and both games).
This raises another question....are you positive the game selector is configured correctly?
And lastly, you say it "not work". Do you get a dirty disc error or does it revert immediately to EvoX? Does it hand at the xbox logo?

#5 pat_2

pat_2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 01:07 AM

the default is patche line 214 but the game still doesn't work SPLINTER CELL... It brings me back to ms dashboard

#6 Jezames

Jezames

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:40 PM

I have the same problem, extract game disc via PC and EvoX 2812 on to PC hard Drive with Flash XP.
Create ISO using ISO Maker 1.1 and burn using Primo DVD and Pioneer 105 drive.
I get the same problem, disk loads to where MS appears and then goes straight to the default dash which is EvoX.

Evo X recognises as game and when i have used MenuX, the front end loads fine with all the media, but when press A to start the selected game goes back to EvoX dash.

My XBOX is PAL and has an Extender in it.

What am i doing wrong??????, Please help???????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users