• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mif

Mif

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 02:40 AM

Ok, so my X2.2P is installed and running. I burned my bios to a disk with a large file, and placed it in my xbox. It found the file, started flashing, and then got about a 1/4 of the way up with the green progress bar and then stopped. Does it take a while or has it locked up, and if so, what do I do?

#2 Mif

Mif

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 03:53 AM

UPDATE: Well I finally turned the power off, the thing was frozen. When i attempt to boot it back up, it beeps once, shuts off, turns on, beeps once again, shuts off, turns on, and blinks red/green. Any suggestions as how to recover it and get it back to running order? uhh.gif

#3 Hong Kong Phooey

Hong Kong Phooey

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 October 2003 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (Mif @ Oct 8 2003, 05:53 AM)
UPDATE: Well I finally turned the power off, the thing was frozen. When i attempt to boot it back up, it beeps once, shuts off, turns on, beeps once again, shuts off, turns on, and blinks red/green. Any suggestions as how to recover it and get it back to running order? uhh.gif

You definitely got a bad flash. Fortunately for you, you have the 2.2pro (as I do) and it's very easily re-flashed externally. I suggest getting a copy of Xecuter 2 Bios Manager (X2BM) and flash you chip externally. biggrin.gif

#4 Mif

Mif

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 06:02 AM

Thanks! I knew It was worth the extra dough, I have a habit of always having the negative hit me. Who should I contact to get the original bios that comes on the X2.2P chip? Also, direction to this bios manager would be greatly appreciated! beerchug.gif

Edited by Mif, 08 October 2003 - 06:02 AM.

#5 Mif

Mif

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 05:09 PM

Also, is it just a Male/Female LPT style cable that ill need to buy?

#6 Hong Kong Phooey

Hong Kong Phooey

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 October 2003 - 08:19 PM

You don't need the original bios (Cromwell) unless you just want it . Yes it's just a Male/Female LPT style cable. The shorter the better. beerchug.gif

#7 Mif

Mif

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 12:39 AM

Ok, ive aquired the cable, but i get "Xecuter is not found" with every port i try. Any settings system site that i need to have set? Port setting? etc? (if ya had a walkthru itd be great)

#8 sweetlilmre

sweetlilmre

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 12:18 PM

Hiya,

I had exactly the same issues and discovered that I was using a stuffed bios which was causing the 25% failure you described.

I also had the "X2 NOT FOUND" issue.

1. Make sure that the chip is set to DISABLED
2. Make sure bank write enable is ON (i.e. sw 4 is in on position)
3. All other switches are OFF (sw 1, 2, 3 are in off position).
4. Power on the XBOX

If you still have issues (as I did) then the cable you are using is probably not a parallel cable
or too long or something. Many serial cables look correct (DB29 male to female) but are not wired
pin to pin on all pins. I tried one and it failed. My new cable arrives today :-)

Eventually I placed my PC on its side and did a direct connect to the X2 parallel port
(extremely tricky with about 2" of slack) and it worked 100%.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS METHOD.

The FCC cable pulled out once or twice... nasty.

p.s. if you are using the stuffed bios in question, it will flash "correctly" but the xbox will not
work. Make sure your bios is okay first.

-(e)

#9 sweetlilmre

sweetlilmre

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 03:07 PM

Just got my new parallel cable, works 100% and is 1.8m long...
Serial just won't cut it :-)
-(e)

#10 -Natas-

-Natas-

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 October 2003 - 06:20 PM

I'm always having bad luck on this stuff too. Took me a week and half to get everything all up and running when I did my box. Hope you get it fixed soon.....Good luck wink.gif

Edited by -Natas-, 14 October 2003 - 06:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users