Photo

Ftp A Iso File Into F:games In The Xbox?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 hishoe

hishoe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 01:20 AM

Using Evolx, transferring using flashfxp, this is the unrar'd ISO of the game, and I am putting it into the F:Games directory that I created just now....

Plenty of empty space, but when I drag that 3 gig iso file to the xbox side, it shows up as a 0 byte file there....Any ideas?

Thanks

#2 Fawk3s

Fawk3s

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 09 October 2003 - 01:25 AM

when you back up your games, you don't want to ftp an iso file to the games folder, because the xbox won't read it. You need to burn the iso to a disk, or extract the files from the iso, and copy them onto the hdd.smile.gif

BTW read the pinned notices at the top of this forum for rules!

Edited by Fawk3s, 09 October 2003 - 01:27 AM.

#3 chee

chee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 02:06 AM

use xiso to extract the image, then xfer the directory over to there :>

#4 hishoe

hishoe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 02:07 AM

Please let me know what the problem is here. Nowhere on the stickies does it say that I can't ask questions about TRANSFERRING ISO FILES TO THE XBOX???

None of the guides touch on the actual transfering of files to the xbox...

#5 Fawk3s

Fawk3s

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 09 October 2003 - 03:29 AM

Okay, look, first off when I told you to look at the pinned note on the forum rules. You can ask questions about transferring files all you want. It seemed to me that by talking about rar'd files you were talking about a game that you do not own (otherwise you would not need rar'd files). This forum does not condone any talk relating to piracy, thus read the forum rules, and you won't get in trouble.

Regardless of whether or not the tutorials say how to transfer files, here is the deal, on the hdd you cannot use iso files. You must extract the files using a programme like xiso or craxtion from the iso and ftp them to the xbox.

Really hope this helps a bit!:)

Edited by Fawk3s, 09 October 2003 - 03:31 AM.

#6 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 October 2003 - 04:21 AM

Here is some advice: dont make iso's of your backups until you know what you are doing. And who has rar'd backups just sitting on their pc? I will tell you who, those that download games.

Reread the rules, and try to word your questions a little better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users