• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mif

Mif

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 01:26 AM

I have a 6ft cable to use with my X2.2P chip. I get the "No Executer 2 found" message with whatever settings I choose. Do I need a shorter one?

#2 Hong Kong Phooey

Hong Kong Phooey

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 October 2003 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE (Mif @ Oct 9 2003, 03:26 AM)
I have a 6ft cable to use with my X2.2P chip. I get the "No Executer 2 found" message with whatever settings I choose. Do I need a shorter one?

I also have a six foot cable. Yes shorter is better, but not necessary. Whre you run into problems with a longer cable is usually during verification. I often get verification errors which don't mean much because the flash was usually successful. If you can get a shorter cable, that's great. If not you should be ok with 6ft. Play around with it for a while (switches, power, etc) youshould eventually get a reading.

#3 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 04:04 AM

Maybe. A number of people have issues with 6' of cable. A number don't (several factors including cable quality and connection quality). There are a few possibilities and some fairly easy tests:

1) Cable too long (try direct port-to-port to test this - have someone hold your xbox to your computer if need be)
2) Incorrect parallel settings (ECP, Use any interrupt - go into your device manager or bios to confirm these options - you can also give EPP a try)
3) LPT 378 should be selected on X2BM (I think that's the right one anyway - it's a 3XX something)
4) Your chip isn't installed correctly. (If it frags you have D0 correct, if you don't see Cromwell with standard RCA cables by a couple of reboots it's likely the LPC, if you did everything else above and it can't be found it is also likely to be the LPC points - obviously Cromwell is a good troubleshoot for this - I'm betting that since you are using X2BM you didn't see Cromwell and the LPC is your issue).

That should help isolate the problem for you.

#4 Mif

Mif

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 04:22 AM

Actually I have had the cromwell bios on my screen, and no frags. My chip is installed correctly. I attempted to flash from a CD and it locked up. I get the classic power on , beep, reboot, power on beep, reboot, then flashing red green when the chip is on. Im attempting to use X2BM to reflash xecuter bios on and repair it. Ill try those settings and see what I get. What should my switches be set to on the 2.2p front panel switches?

#5 DoMin2

DoMin2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 04:27 AM

Try checking all your connections thoroughly, and then upgrade ur xb2m to version 1.1 from the usual places....good luck on your bios creation. blink.gif

#6 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (Mif @ Oct 9 2003, 06:22 AM)
Actually I have had the cromwell bios on my screen, and no frags. My chip is installed correctly. I attempted to flash from a CD and it locked up. I get the classic power on , beep, reboot, power on beep, reboot, then flashing red green when the chip is on. Im attempting to use X2BM to reflash xecuter bios on and repair it. Ill try those settings and see what I get. What should my switches be set to on the 2.2p front panel switches?

There's a FAQ sticky post at the top of this forum with a link to switch guides for X2 chips. Note that the X2.0 is different than your 2.2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users