• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 llcooolt

llcooolt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 12:57 AM

I ordered the executer pro 2.2 and recieved it the other day... and I bought a refurbished xbox... I'm ready to install it but I'm scared... I don't think installing it will be hard I'm gonna use gum instead of soldering it (JK)... All jokes aside I don't have a dvd burner and I can't afford the big hard drive to put in it yet... so after I put it in... what do I do? I have access to a dvd burner but I don't know what I have to do to get the bios on there or even where to get it... I'm confused here...Help me please

#2 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 01:50 AM

A lot of that really depends on what you want to do with your xbox.

Concerning backups - it's either DVD media or the harddrive so if you aren't upgrading the HD and don't have your own burner you are kind of SOL.

Concerning other programs - what do you want to do with your xbox? Linux? Media streaming?

Either way, Evox boot CD and newbies guide, Slayers, Xbins tutorial, XBMP 2.4 instruction manual.

#3 llcooolt

llcooolt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 02:30 AM

well my biggest thing of course is to play games that are "back up copies" However , I kno I have to get a hard drive and a burner. My question is after I install my thing tomorrow... what will I have to do to play a backup copy of a game? The whole bios talk has me freaked out.

Edited by llcooolt, 11 October 2003 - 03:00 AM.

#4 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 02:54 AM

All you need is a recent bios - just get Xecuter 4977. It takes care of all media checks.

www.xbox-scene.com
tutorials
other tutorials
XBINS

xbins is the key to all.

BTW - edit your post - you are only allowed to backup games you own.

#5 josh689

josh689

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Interests:Football, Weightlifting, Xbox
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 October 2003 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (llcooolt @ Oct 10 2003, 11:30 PM)
well my biggest thing of course is to play games that are "back up copies" that I may have not purchased... However , I kno I have to get a hard drive and a burner. My question is after I install my thing tomorrow... what will I have to do to play a backup copy of a game? The whole bios talk has me freaked out.

BAN!! DONT SUPPORT PIRACY!! BUY THE GAME!! THE REASON FOR A BACKUP IS TO MAKE A BACKU P OF THE GAME U PURCHASED TO PROTECT UR INVESTIMENT!!!!!!!

SUPPORT THE CREATOR

#6 j0ey

j0ey

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 02:58 AM

you are gonna want to set up a ftp(u need a xover cable)to connect to your PC
plus you can use cdrws (tdks work on all 5 thommys I've tested them on)
to install the HD there is a hdinstaller on xbins

#7 llcooolt

llcooolt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 05:07 AM

thanks guys...so what your are saying is once I install I can't just like play backups? I thought the bios would like be in the chip and I'd be good to go... dry.gif

#8 mikebpi

mikebpi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 07:13 AM

sigh, read the stickies and the tutorials

All the modchip allows you to do is bypass the normal XBOX bios. I hope you know what bios are (basic input output system) if not do a google search and learn.

Flash the modchip with X2 4977 bios. Many tutorials.

Now you can play xbox games that are unsigned code (such as a dvd backup game).

If you don't want to shell out 300 for a dvd burner, then you need a larger hard drive. I have a 80 and I think its plenty since I can transfer games back and forth to my computer for storage.

To play hard drive backups, you need an operating system. Windows for the xbox if you will. Its called Evox, read the tutorials.

#9 llcooolt

llcooolt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 08:09 AM

yeah I peeped that... I just didn't want to have to do 4 much... but I see I have to look into it...

#10 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 12:31 PM

Bottom line is that your backups have to be stored on something - if not a burned DVD than a harddrive (stock drive is not really sufficient for this).

#11 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 October 2003 - 06:55 PM

pinned topics, etc... read

tutorial in signature... look at it

0 user(s) are reading this topic