#1 blueyben

blueyben

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 09:04 AM

Hey guys

Thanks to all the guys who enable us to play these wicked old games.

Just a quick question - is there anyone out there who knows an emulator that will run conkers bad fur day on xbox

Cheers

and many thanks

I would cry with excitement if you know of any

#2 lettuce

lettuce

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 09:09 AM

The new N64 emulator that is coming out 'SOON' (cough!) should run it, if what they say about it is anything to go by!

#3 Mr.Big

Mr.Big

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:stuff... and things...

Posted 11 October 2003 - 05:16 PM

the upcoming conkers game for xbox will contain the entire n64 conkers bad fur day

Mr.Big

#4 Iriez

Iriez

XBINS TOTALITARIAN

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 October 2003 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (lettuce @ Oct 11 2003, 04:09 AM)
The new N64 emulator that is coming out 'SOON' (cough!) should run it, if what they say about it is anything to go by!

Yes, but also keep in mind there are known graphical issues with conkers bad fur day with Rice's 5.1.0 plugin.

His new plugin (5.20) and 1964 .99 should be out soon (a month or less?) and from the screenshots it appears he has fixed conkers aswell as alot of other known issues.

While the emu in its current state is a huge improvment and kicks some ass, the N64 emulation future is looking very nice at this point with Rice and 1964.

#5 DK|Masters

DK|Masters

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:programing, developing games, building hardware stuff for the computer and for my xbox<br>

Posted 11 October 2003 - 05:32 PM

yes conkers bad fur day is really really great . maybe one of the best games ever made.
i tested conkers bad fur day with my 128mb xbox and it really loads with pj64 but its very slow and a lot of graphics
mistakes.

i hope the new emulator will come soon can'T wait anylonger sad.gif

i miss the time 9 years ago when everything starts, and emulation becomes better and better. i remember zsnes0.6 and one of the first snes9x releases. this time was a good time. everyday updates, ultrahle and corn later pj64 and many more ( i know them all, because i was from the beginning there to read all this stuff. and now im a developer myself) i don'T like how people think about emulation today. most of them have lack of understanding what it means to develope such programms. i hate all these people who just want to collect roms to play with them and make money with them. because of these brainless people, many developers quit their emulations like ultrahle maybe nemu and perhaps many more. this is just my opinion. so nevermind about that.

at least "xbox is great"

respect to all authors, developers, moderators, to all people who made this all possible.

thank you very much

#6 cainedna

cainedna

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:12 PM

Dude. I don't mean to be a drag, but I've seen that game packed into dicount bins for years now. You can get an N64, an expansion, and the game for the price of a marked down Xbox games.
I dug it when it came out, but I dunno. The appeal lost itself when I'd beaten it.

#7 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 October 2003 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (cainedna @ Oct 12 2003, 02:12 PM)
Dude. I don't mean to be a drag, but I've seen that game packed into dicount bins for years now. You can get an N64, an expansion, and the game for the price of a marked down Xbox games.

its something about playing it on xbox that seems special, i have a real WWF No Mercy (N64) right next to me and an n64, but i still can't wait to play it on xbox. same goes for many NES and SNES games such as street fighter2, contra, and super metroid that i play all the time on my xbox. can't wait for that new n64 emu because its going to be awesome smile.gif

#8 lettuce

lettuce

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 04:57 PM

Lets hope so!!! Hopefully we'll get it before xmas! But it would make quite a nice present if released of xmas day! gift.gif

#9 nancy_kerrigan

nancy_kerrigan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 11:43 PM

Gee i hope its not ad far away as Christmas.

Main games I wanna play (stable without errors) are Starfox, Zelda 1 & 2 (and master quest) and smash brothers.

Keep up the good work guys!

#10 Iriez

Iriez

XBINS TOTALITARIAN

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 03:31 AM

Your wish shall come true.

( And well before christmas =p )

#11 simbot82

simbot82

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 04:38 AM

Iriez you big tease smile.gif. Well I'm going to appreciate this thing when it comes out. It never fails to amaze me the effort and skills of the programmers involved to make my xbox pretend to be a arcade machine/nes/amiga/snes/genesis/sms/n64/gameboy/GBA.

Nothing but appreciation here. Bring it on.

#12 Ces2k3

Ces2k3

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 01:05 PM

see i wish most thread were as positive as this, it shows that the devlopers/porters are well loved here at the scene

#13 Bender_Unit_1

Bender_Unit_1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 02:03 PM

Before christmas? YAY!

-Bender

#14 dizturbd

dizturbd

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 October 2003 - 05:40 PM

This is good news. It's nice to know this is being worked on so most major bugs will be cleaned up. That way we won't have an updated version being released every other day, but a great release right away. Thanks for all the hard work.

#15 Gillian_Seed

Gillian_Seed

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 October 2003 - 06:02 PM

Thanks for the update Iriez. Thanks for the hard work, oDD and unknown developers. Keep it up, you're much appreciated here.

Edited by Gillian_Seed, 13 October 2003 - 08:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users