• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PrchrKlr

PrchrKlr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 07:01 AM

I am not even running EvoX and a friend of mine stuck Unreal Champ in my X and nuked it.

Well it still works sorta....

Now when I eject and swap disks nothing happens I have to power off and on to get the game I just put in to boot! If I remember correctly it used to reboot when I hit eject......

This is really annoying... I never made a backup because I wasn't planning on installing Live yet.

A friend uploaded his C partition to my FTP and I copied it over.... Now there is a new problem

When I hit eject the Xbox functions properly it allows me to put in a disk and boot to it.. BUT... Now when I hit eject I lose all video untill the newly inserted game is booted up.... That is annoying also I am used to seeing the dash now I get blinded by a bright blue screen that shows NO VIDEO!!!

I dunno... this is crazy... An I hope that when Xbox Live does come out it will work with modded Xboxes and modded games... I hear too many rumors both Pro and against Live working...... Oh well....

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.....
SamDmaN

#2 pvwr

pvwr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 November 2002 - 07:49 AM

huh.gif It nuked because it's the BETA version. Either it's buggy or they did it on purpose to scare the hell out of people who got modchips installed. Wait until Unreal is actually released, if it nukes people dashboard, them all can cry.

cool.gif And don't say that it detected the modchip or something like that, after all, as you where running a beta version, you could ONLY do it if you had a modchip installed. It's quite easy to detect a modchip when the only way a piece of code could be running is byusing one tongue.gif .

PV

#3 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 04:17 PM

Reformat your C:\ and restore from the backup you made before the nuking occurred.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users