8 replies to this topic

#1 Red-One

Red-One

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 04:22 AM

I was curious.

I bought an Ebay xbox for $45 bux because it had the error 7 problem. Since I read a site/post of someone who fixed error 7 easy via a modchip, I decided to give it a try.

Background:
I purchased the xbox, modchip (x2.2 lite) etc. When they came I plugged in the xbox first to confirm it had a problem with error 7 (I later found out, that the hard drive was dead, won't even receive power or vibrate showing life). I proceeded through the steps and through the dozens of modding tutorials I had read in preparation. Once I was done soldering, I tested it (obviously). It booted up to the cromwell bios and was asking for a CD. So I gave it a cd boot CD with x2-4977_Bois_CD_For_Cromwell_Flash_Bios. When I put the cd in, it promptly flashed the bois and powered down.

I was excited that it was starting to work, but it was premature. Ever since I get error 16 with the new large HD plugged in. It will not boot off of slayers CD I made, or any other bios CDs (even the one I used to flash in the first place). I had some great help in mIRC chat that my clock needs reset before I install the large HD. Great! a solution! But I can only do that with the original hard drive, or can I? The answer is yes, but the original HD is currently keeping the sweat off my beer from dripping onto my desktop (aka, toast).

I then returned to chat and starting looking for options. As it turns out, if I had another original xbox hard drive that was unlocked, I could use it to set my clock, then swap in the large hard drive and finish my modding process.

So here is the deal:
Given the above situation, what will my xbox be capable of doing once I get the HD/dashboard etc in. Obviously play backups, FTP...etc. I guess the question could be better stated as... Is it possible to get this console onto XBlive? Or are their files specific to my console only, that is checked when connecting to the service (i.e. like a fingerprint)? Or can I just backup the c: and e: of the hard drive I use to set the clock (not the original, but a standard retail 8gig v1.0 WD hard drive bought off e-bay) and play on XBLive?

After all the help I received in mIRC chat on my problem, I did not want to abuse any generosity (thanks h3inrich for all your help) and grind them for information.

Any thoughts?

-Red

(xbox in question is v1.0 US xbox if that makes a difference)

#2 Xbox-Savage

Xbox-Savage

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • Interests:To Sleep with your mommy.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 October 2003 - 04:56 AM

yes you can use it in live no problem, just remeber to turn off your mod wink.gif

#3 jaYuxYaXbox

jaYuxYaXbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 05:07 AM

actually you'll need to acquire an EEPROM for that new hard drive, and since the original drive is keeshed, you'll need to (probably) buy a new one (check the the buy/sell forum)...

once you get a working (aka non-banned eeprom) and lock your hard drive then and only then will you be able to use it for xblive.
beerchug.gif

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 October 2003 - 05:10 AM

the eeprom is stored on a chip on the motherboard, it has nothing to do with the harddrive

what dvd rom ydo you have? if its a thomson that may be why it wont boot to slayers

#5 Xbox-Savage

Xbox-Savage

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE (jaYuxYaXbox @ Oct 13 2003, 03:07 AM)
actually you'll need to acquire an EEPROM for that new hard drive, and since the original drive is keeshed, you'll need to (probably) buy a new one (check the the buy/sell forum)...

once you get a working (aka non-banned eeprom) and lock your hard drive then and only then will you be able to use it for xblive.
beerchug.gif

dry.gif if the HD is unlocked like he said he can lock it with Config magic and it will work on Live dumbass.

SEARCH BEFORE YOU TALK comp.gif

READ MI SIGN!!!!

#6 jaYuxYaXbox

jaYuxYaXbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (Xbox-Savage @ Oct 13 2003, 07:13 AM)
dry.gif if the HD is unlocked like he said he can lock it with Config magic and it will work on Live dumbass.

SEARCH BEFORE YOU TALK comp.gif

READ MI SIGN!!!!

sorry God, can i still get into heaven? sad.gif

#7 Xbox-Savage

Xbox-Savage

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (jaYuxYaXbox @ Oct 13 2003, 03:16 AM)

sorry God, can i still get into heaven? sad.gif

mad.gif no , you will be cut into pieces by an army of TX- 10000 in one hour.

(i perfectly know that the TX-10000 is not in the movies , but is my model , more shiny and powerfull than the older models. tongue.gif

#8 jaYuxYaXbox

jaYuxYaXbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 05:26 AM

laugh.gif

#9 Red-One

Red-One

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 06:35 AM

So then, from the above information I can take the xbox retail HD I bought off e-bay, use it to setup my clock and get a c: and e: drive backup, then setup the new HD via tutorials and jump on XBLive? The actual xbox system was not opened until my modding attempt.

-Red

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users