• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dl007

dl007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 04:25 AM

This is not my first install. I have installed several x2.0 pro and lite mods in the past, in a way you can consider me as a big xecuter fan. Anyhow, I have tried like 5 different bios's, de-soldered and re-soldered the wires. Made sure all the cables were connected and still gives me this trouble

reboots 3 times then flashes red/green

Can anyone help me? Is the chip faulty? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

-dl007

#2 bozo8787

bozo8787

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (dl007 @ Oct 13 2003, 06:25 AM)
This is not my first install. I have installed several x2.0 pro and lite mods in the past, in a way you can consider me as a big xecuter fan. Anyhow, I have tried like 5 different bios's, de-soldered and re-soldered the wires. Made sure all the cables were connected and still gives me this trouble

reboots 3 times then flashes red/green

Can anyone help me? Is the chip faulty? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

-dl007

I can't stand when they FRAG cause it could be something as easy as erasing and writing a new bios or as bad a some static disharge caused it to fry the board. 1st thing I would do is take the chip out and put in another modded xbox and see if it boots the non-m$dash, if it does then u know the chip is good. If u need to reflash the chip u could boot the workin mod box then while its on disconnect the chip and connect the chip that needs flashing. And from there im sure u can flash it from ur apps.

#3 dl007

dl007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 05:45 PM

I am going to try another xecuter2.2 pro kit to see if that works. I already reflashed it, I already re-soldered it, I am thinking it might be the chip.

#4 dl007

dl007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 09:25 PM

OK, I have an update. After messing with it a little more. I found out the chip was perfectly fine and so was the console. However it did not work when I put the xbox cover on, with or without screws. I am left scratching my head over here. The chip is soldered via the wires method.

Any ideas? Should I use the pin headers? Thanks for your help.

#5 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 10:30 PM

Mess with the location of the chip inside the case - the cover seems to be shorting or interfering with the chip/wires. Either pressure or metal creating a short. It's happened before. Pinheader is a more flush install though.

#6 dl007

dl007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 11:58 PM

I installed via header and all works great now!!! Thanks for all your help! Hopefully if anyone else is running into the same problem, they might be able to remedy it.

-dl007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users