#1 damatrixz

damatrixz

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 October 2003 - 02:33 PM

i currently use cox cable to connect to internet, now i have been getting alot of vids and stuff, and i made an ftp server, for all the halo vids i made of me doing trix, i may have linked some divx movies, ie; cradle to grave, spiderman, and some other few

along with musc videos

i received a mail from cox abuse mail, and it stated i need to remove my files because of the dmca or something, i have the mail still if u need to look at the copy

but i wonder how this is possible, if i dont give out my ftp server all over, did they hak my system, too no this

i dont want to go to jail, as ther is not halo there, i shall certainly die

another thing, i dont check my cox mail alot, so i did it 2dys ago, and the message was titled may 24 03

#2 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 October 2003 - 03:06 PM

they don't need to hack anything to detect any ftp server running. do you allow anon login?

#3 krobby

krobby

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 06:44 PM

Just because they can't log in to your ftp doesn't mean they can't see the files being transferred to and from it. They can see and read anything that is travelling over their network.

#4 Dramlin

Dramlin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 06:57 PM

your isp has a clear view of everything you send and recieve on the internet. Why? cause it has to go through THEIR system first to get to yours. There is no way around this...

So they dont have to hack your ftp or anything..the second someone tries to download one of those videos off of you, your isp knows if you have been naughty or nice..

No privacy unsure.gif unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users