3 replies to this topic

#1 Sephiroth311

Sephiroth311

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 04:44 AM

Im nowhere near new to this modding scene, but after I modded I sorta fell away from the forums and am not quite up to date on all the new stuff, Im not being lazy, Ive done quite a bit of research, but I would like some informed experienced opinions on the XBIT.

Anyway, I myself own a Matrix, (I know I know the Matrix isnt the "best chip" so dont flame me) but I have been very happy with it since the day I got it.
Now I have 2 more friends who want to mod but they no longer make Matrix's (Matricies?)
which is really my main chip of "expertise".(sp?)

I am very much into the "no solder" method and I like the looks of this XBIT, I might even get rid of my Matrix just to have one myself, so I just want to get some opinions about how this chip stacks up against all the other newer breeds.

As far as I understand you have to solder to be able to disabe the chip, whereas the Matrix has the simple "eject trick".
This is my main concern due to XBL.

But anyway, if you guys could just let me know about stuff like:

ease of installation (reality vs. "what they say")
how handy the new features really are
methods of disabling
and recommendations

Thanks!

#2 speedracer

speedracer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 06:28 AM

If you have nforce2 chipset mobo or nec chipset i would stay away, for now atleast until they figure this out.... The flashing software locks up when trying to format the chip. They said to send the stuff back to where you bought and they will "reprogram" and send back. If you dont mind doing that then i would say get one , its a solid board that they use , has good construction , and usb is kinda cool but as slow as lpt port programmer or slower. If anybody has sent theirs in and got it back let us know if it works now or still sux... sad.gif

#3 Sephiroth311

Sephiroth311

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 10:29 AM

Yea, thats what I've been reading about, its good to know b/c I do in fact have an Nforce2 board.
Thanks

#4 moistness

moistness

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 14 October 2003 - 10:51 AM

i doubt that since they are aware of the usb problem they wont be sending out chips with the fault still there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users