7 replies to this topic

#1 TechnoSmurf

TechnoSmurf

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 05:39 AM

I have 2 working modded xboxs and 2 that i am trying to mod. I am having lots of trouble burning a EVO CD and getting either of the xboxs to read it. i tried using my pcs cdrom they still do not boot. i used my modded xbox to look at the files on the cd with my pc cdrom it shows that all the files are there. i try opening the default.xbe off the CD and it just dumps me back to the EVo dash from the hard drive.
I would like to know, is there any way that i can boot off the modded hard drive and look into the stock harddrive.
I really need to mod these xboxs friends payed me and i bought there harddrives and mod chips.
Is it really easy to get the xbox to read dvd-r and dvd+r? because if i cant get it to work any other way i am going to go out and buy a dvd burner. but before i go out and drop 100 and something, and wait for it to get here i would like to know if there is an easier way.

a side note to ftp the xbox through 4978 v3 do you have to have the drive unlocked because it will only work on my unlocked hard drive not the 2 stock locked WD drives.

#2 MemphisReins

MemphisReins

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 09:26 AM

You need to tell us how your burning the disk and onto what (CD-R, CD-RW). Then we can advise what you might be doing wrong.

What drives are in the boxes will also help.

Edited by MemphisReins, 14 October 2003 - 09:26 AM.

#3 bleugh

bleugh

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts
  • Interests:tinkering..........and flogging stuff on ebay<br>
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 14 October 2003 - 10:50 AM

you need to create an ISO of the evox files before you burn them to disc,
then burn that ISO file to a disc (burn image option)

you can't just drag the files and drop them into the writer software

have a look through some tutorials

#4 PeteTheMagicBum

PeteTheMagicBum

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 October 2003 - 01:12 PM

Stick all the files into a ISO file using a program from here then burn it using a tutoral from here I use Sony CD-RWs on a Thomson DVD Drive and it works fine everytime. Thomson and Samsungs should work ok, Phillips may not. Makesure your DVD drive is perfectly flat like it normally is, rather than hanging it over the side of your case. Dont give up straight away it could take 20 boots (not with your foot!) to get it to load.

Edited by PeteTheMagicBum, 14 October 2003 - 01:14 PM.

#5 SigTom

SigTom

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 02:52 PM

Umm the 4978 should work on locked/unlocked drives AFAIK. Ill try it out on mine later today to let you know for sure.

Edited by SigTom, 14 October 2003 - 02:53 PM.

#6 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 October 2003 - 03:09 PM

use the last half of the tutorial in my signature! wink.gif

#7 Aron Parsons

Aron Parsons

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 October 2003 - 04:42 PM

If you burn a proper xISO, you won't be able to read it on your PC's drive (it will be in the Xbox ISO format, just like you can't read Xbox games on your PC drive). There are a lot of tutorials on it.

#8 TechnoSmurf

TechnoSmurf

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 05:01 PM

I am using a xiso to make an iso then burning it with nero 6 on to a CDRW. yes when i put the CD in my coputer it can not see the files on the disk. Although when i put the dick in the modded xboxs and look at them with boxporer it can see the files. i have 2 thomas drives in the 2 that i am modding. I do feal like restarting the xboxs over and over so i put a CDROM drive that will read CDRWs. I have got it to work like this before when i modded the first 2 xboxs. sence then i have lost the working EVO CD.

Is it really easy to get a DVD drive and make one.

i can not FTP the WD hard drives through the bios, but i can on my unlocked seagates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users