oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 14 October 2003 - 05:18 PM

I was wanting to switch to a 250gb HDD. I was thinking about Maxtor Maxline II 250GB UDMA/ATA-133 EIDE Hard Drive, 5400 RPM, because it cost about $200, so I guess this is a good deal (I may actually find one cheaper,but for now that is it). I plan on using the 120gb HDD that is in the xbox now in my computer. Now, if I want to resetup my computer withthis 120gb hdd as my default drive, what is the best way to do this? Lead me in the right direction if I am wrong. First, I want to put all of my xbox files on my computer, leaving the partitions in the correct folders of course. At this point do I need to reflash my modchip with a patched bios? I have an X2lite 2.0, I can use flashx to install new bios. Which would be the best bios to patch and flash? I have not installed a new HDD from the box before. Do I need to change or do anything to it up to this point? I plan on getting the newest evox dashboard on this new HDD by copying to a DVD+RW (My xbox drive reads these so I can just keep reusing this in case I screw up the burn or whatever). Now I format, making a big F partition (no g partition), unless having a g would be better. Which files do I NOT need from the 120gb HDD(for example, what are the old evox dashboard files that I need to erase so the new evox dashboard works properly)? Now, if I get this big HDD working, do you think that I can copy some random computer files to the xbox, because I will now setup my computer with the 120gb as the master. I am doing this so that I can go ahead raid 0 my 2 ATA133 160gb hdds together. Then I will just FTP the computer files back to the computer. Would there be any problem FTPing from the xbox through a raid configuration, or should I transfer to the 120 gb then to the 320gb raid drive? Are there any suggestions, comments, answers to my questions? Links to useful tutorials would be helpful.

#2 blackbishop

blackbishop

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 07:17 PM

that would be a wast of money since the xbox can only reconize 120 gb unless you are planning to put linux on it and running it as a server

#3 Xboxian

Xboxian

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 08:47 PM

accually it reconizes 137GB

#4 blackbishop

blackbishop

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 09:03 PM

true tongue.gif , but anything bigger than that is pointless unless your going to run linux on it

#5 pdexter

pdexter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:52 AM

Actually, they've broken that limit now. Theoretical HDD limit is now around 2 Terrabytes.

#6 Senj2b

Senj2b

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 October 2003 - 01:00 AM

yeh you just have to patch the bios i believe

#7 deadly

deadly

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 01:07 AM

People haven't keeped up with their news lately.LOL.Patcth any bios with XBtool.And it should work fine.

#8 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 05:00 AM

I know they broke the limit, that is why I am going to upgrade. Please do not respond with misleading information. BTW, thanks for telling me that I can just patch any bios, since I prefer the xecuter bioses since they made my modchip.

#9 blackbishop

blackbishop

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 10:07 AM

blink.gif whoa <bill&ted> yep your right haven't been following the news... been away for a month or so. Please forgive tongue.gif

#10 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 06:05 PM

It's cool though, I appreciate all the help that I can get. I am also new to this larger HDD capacity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users