8 replies to this topic

#1 ryantsw

ryantsw

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 09:50 PM

Evening,
Been having a horrid time trying to get this xbit working, i've installed it inside the xbox (didnt solder) screwed it down fairly tight, and scraped a little. Put in the 2 wires as far as I could make it, did same on other end.

I get the green light, it turns off while writing etc through, powered by the usb cable, the green light is also on through the xbox's power.

Tried bout half of the bios's, it writes fine, but when i verify it, it says "File contents do not match.".

Looked around / searched around the forum for anything i could try, but i'm all out of ideas.

Using winxp pro (tried combatability mode win2k also).

Methods: All pins turned down (down being towards the black/yellow wires, up being towards the usb cable).
Formated, writen to 256 slot (tried 2k slot / other 256 slots / 512 slots).
Verified, didnt work, ignored the verify and tried a cdrw (memorex) / cdr written at 4x speed.

The wierd part is the iso i burnt to get the dash up, the normal cdr once i turned on the xbox, it halted on the xbox logo (MS appeared at bottom) then hanged there, left it for bout 30mins but didnt do anything.

The cdrw just gave a cannot read the cd message, as did the cdrw on other occasions.

The DVD Drive inside is a phillips.

Any ideas / suggestions or other info that would help here appreciated smile.gif

#2 ryantsw

ryantsw

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 11:50 AM

sorry to reply to my own post, but no ones had this problem?

#3 gadgetaddict

gadgetaddict

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 01:02 PM

i had where a bank didn't verify properly, so i reflashed it and the verify worked fine. try flashing and keeping the program at the front (i.e. dont' run other programs) and hopefully you'll get your banks to verify - all 4 of mine did (i used mode 6, M7 bios, and ignored banks 1 and 2) - i don't think i touched the dip switch until after i was done. i used an ibm thinkpad 600x, p3, usb 1.1

#4 ryantsw

ryantsw

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 02:00 PM

Cheers for the reply,
just tried what you suggested, still no go through. Any other ideas?

#5 ryantsw

ryantsw

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 05:38 PM

i took the modchip out of the xbox, and reconnect it up outside of the xbox, double checked everything was right, and tried flashing it outside of the xbox, but still no luck.

I also riped the IDE cable from the dvd, is the IDE cable on xbox standard pc one? need to buy a new one or fix this one heh oops. =)

I Still haven't managed to get the flash verifying also.. no one have any ideas what so ever? i'm going to try buying a pci usb port tommorow and try it through that, but if that doesnt work then i'm just going to send it back and get my money back.

Any ideas etc appreciated.

#6 Ripklawe

Ripklawe

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 06:56 PM

What pc motherboard are you using? If it is nForce2 based, you can try to flash it until the cows come home and it will never work. Your motherboard chipset is a piece of information you should have posted by now. It wiuld help us greatly.

Regards,

Ripklawe

#7 ryantsw

ryantsw

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 09:31 PM

Sorry been trying to get the motherboard info, i did have a program a while back that displayed every bit of info about everything, but can't find it.

I know its a Moonwalker motherboard through, p3 450, maxed out mem (388, 3x128's), it can go max p3 800or something around that. so is very old.

(didnt think the motherboard thing would apply to me cause of how old the motherboard is).

#8 ryantsw

ryantsw

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 06:14 PM

I still haven't resolved this, the only thing i haven't tried is buying a pci usb port, but i dont partically want to shell out another 40 odd quid for this.

No one ever had 'File contents do not match' on the verifying?.

I Get it flashing fine, send the file accross to the chip etc, but the verify fails and gives that message.

Some of you must have had this message and worked around it, if so how?

#9 easterman

easterman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 09:14 AM

I got file contents do not match when I tried it at my brotherīs computer. Only tried a couple of times but the results were the same. When I try to flash at my own computer with the dreaded Nforce2-board the program just freezes.
I have returned the chip to Divineo where I bought it and now I wait for the new Nforce2-version of the chip to arrive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users